• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is your favourite Gerry Anderson show?

What is your favourite Gerry Anderson show?

• Stingray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thunderbirds

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • UFO

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Space: 1999

• Fireball XL5

• Joe 90

• Terrahawks

• Other

• Total voters

BeeGee

Mine is UFO. Gabrielle Drake in a purple wig and tight shorts did strange things to my teenage loins.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thunderbirds a clear favourite for me. Watched it religiously as a kid, and have every episode on DVD. Enjoyed Captain Scarlett a fair bit too, and Stingray to a lesser extent. But they didn't have the same sense of awe and enjoyment of Thunderbirds. Never really saw enough of Joe 90 to really get into it, but what I did see didn't really enthuse me.

Never seen any of the others, but Sledger Snr reliably informs me that Fireball XL5 is rather good.

Dan

Global Moderator
AWTA.

I was a massive Thunderbirds fan as a kid. My father then later introduced me to UFO - "It's so bad it's almost kinda good", but I wasn't nearly as much of a fan.

BeeGee

I'm watching Thunderbirds right now. All of the episodes are on youtube. Ah, the nostalgia.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The theme music of Fireball XL-5 is just great though, I have realised.

Not as great as Thunderbirds' mind you.

Thunderbirds also had Cliff Richards as a guest star, which was weird.

Pothas

Well you could be listening to the Busted Thunderbirds song, never did see that film.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well you could be listening to the Busted Thunderbirds song, never did see that film.
The song was the best thing about it.

Unless you wish to permanently sour a lot of fond memories, I urge you to refrain from ever watching that "film". Gerry Anderson calling it a "disgrace" was a massive understatement.

Edit: he also apparently said "it was the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in my life," sentiments which I find it hard not to endorse.

Last edited: