• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why?

HeathDavisSpeed

A place to ask all those unfathomable questions...

So, sometimes at night I get cramp in my calves. This in itself isn't particularly unusual, just annoying. At the time it wakes me up. Pretty much, I remember nothing else during the night.

Why is it that I always have a clear memory of part of my mind thinking "how's about a nice leg stretch" and whilst starting to stretch my legs, another part of my brain is positively shouting, "No, don't do it. You know what happens when you do!" By which time it's too late and the cramp has struck.

I find this to be somewhat peculiar.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Same thing happened to me two nights ago. The commination of pain and disorientation from the sleep is the worst feeling ever. One of the hardest part of being a human IMO.

fredfertang

A place to ask all those unfathomable questions...

So, sometimes at night I get cramp in my calves. This in itself isn't particularly unusual, just annoying. At the time it wakes me up. Pretty much, I remember nothing else during the night.

Why is it that I always have a clear memory of part of my mind thinking "how's about a nice leg stretch" and whilst starting to stretch my legs, another part of my brain is positively shouting, "No, don't do it. You know what happens when you do!" By which time it's too late and the cramp has struck.

I find this to be somewhat peculiar.
It's the onset of middle age mate - downhill all the way from now on

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Have suffered with cramps on my calves since late teens. Always the night after a heavy night.

Smudge

You absolute ****. This was the only reason I opened the thread and now you've taken it away from me....
It's my absolute pleasure.

. . . do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?

Fun fact: If Mama Cass from Mamas and the Papas had given Karen Carpenter her ham sandwich, there's a chance they'd both still be alive today. :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've experienced that sort of cramp maybe once every year or two and it is the absolute pits.

HeathDavisSpeed

It's not the cramp itself that's the issue, though it is quite literally a pain. Why am I aware of the approach of the cramp in advance? Has the cramp already happened, but the mind hasn't fully registered it yet?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's not the cramp itself that's the issue, though it is quite literally a pain. Why am I aware of the approach of the cramp in advance? Has the cramp already happened, but the mind hasn't fully registered it yet?
I don't know but I do know on occasion I've felt it coming and straightened my leg and managed to avoid it

It's the worst pain when it strikes

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I have gotten serious calf cramps since I was a teen as well, recently started drinking some berocca once a week to keep up my magnesium levels and so far so good.

Ausage

Awaiting the gout myself, runs in the family.
I had a bout of the stuff when I was in my early 20s. I had two massive meals (mostly steak/pasta) throughout the day followed by a huge beer based bender. Lasted for several days and it was a **** of an ailment. Felt like I was being stabbed with needles from the inside out. It was absolute pure agony.