• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Predictions League - Round 46: Sri Lanka v England

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sri Lanka v England - closing time for predictions is 8.00am GMT on Saturday 26th March.

Points system

Toss - 1 point
Match result - 10 points
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate in the match - 10 points
Strike rate of the quickest scoring batsman - spot on - 12 points; within 5 - 8 points; within 10 - 4 points; within 15 runs - 2 points
Most economical bowler - 10 points
Economy rate of the most economical bowler - spot on - 12 points; within 0.1 - 8 points; within 0.3 - 4 points; within 0.5 - 2 points
Total runs in the match - spot on - 15 points; within 10 runs - 10 points; within 25 runs - 7 points; within 50 runs - 5 points; within 100 runs - 2 points
Total wickets in the match - spot on - 10 points; within 1 wicket - 7 points; within 2 wickets - 5 points; within 3 wickets - 2 points

For quickest scoring batsman, the batsman must have scored at least 10% of his team's runs.
For strike rate, please submit a round number to represent runs scored per 100 balls.
For most economical bowler, the bowler must have bowled at least 10% of his team's overs.
For economy rate, please submit a number to 1 dp representing runs per over.

Somerset

Toss - Sri Lanka
Match result - Sri Lanka
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate - Tillakaratne Dilshan
Strike rate - 131
Most economical bowler - Muttiah Muralitharan
Economy rate - 3.8
Total runs - 550
Total wickets in the match - 15

Blaze 18

Banned
Toss - Sri Lanka
Match result - Sri Lanka
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate - Eoin Morgan
Strike rate - 98
Economy rate - 3.1
Total runs - 511
Total wickets in the match - 18

biased indian

Toss - Sri Lanka
Match result - Sri Lanka
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate - Tillakaratne Dilshan
Strike rate - 120
Most economical bowler - Muralitharan
Economy rate - 3.2
Total runs - 500
Total wickets in the match - 18

fredfertang

Toss - Sri Lanka
Match result - England
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate - Matthews
Strike rate - 110
Economy rate - 3.7
Total runs - 500
Total wickets in the match - 17

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Toss - England
Match result - Sri Lanka
Batsman scoring at the highest strike rate - Dilshan
Strike rate - 125
Most economical bowler - Swann
Economy rate - 3.5
Total runs - 525
Total wickets in the match - 16

Marcuss

Balls, ended up at a curry and quiz night last night and then a party after. Neither of which were planned :(

Would've gone
Eng
SL
Morgan
Swann

Blaze 18

Banned
Marc71178 created all four quarter-final prediction threads within minutes of each other, didn't he? No reason why you couldn't have posted your predictions for this one along with the others. I know it's only a game, and I don't want to sound rude or anything, but cut-off times are there for a reason. If I am not mistaken, Somerset and a few others missed a couple of matches too, so it'd be extremely unfair if posts made after the start were allowed. Nothing personal, just an honest opinion. :)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've not allowed a post after the deadline yet, so what makes you think I would now?

Code:
Toss	Eng
Result	SL
Batsman	Dilshan
S/R	94
Bowler	Mendis
E/R	3.4
Runs	460
Wickets	6

Code:
BoyBrumby	31
biased indian	29
marc71178	27
xanderbiscuits	26
Blaze 18	24
Somerset	24
NUFAN		20
flibbertyjibber	14
fredfertang	 9

Code:
Blaze 18	974
NUFAN		968
Somerset	957
Marcuss		946
marc71178	939
biased indian	912
centurymaker	908
fredfertang	904
xanderbiscuits	891
flibbertyjibber	878
morgieb		874
BoyBrumby	767
Spark		636
Daemon		629
pup11		521

Code:
flibbertyjibber	7	2	2
NUFAN		6	4	2
Blaze 18	6	2	4
Somerset	5	4	5
xanderbiscuits	5	4	1
fredfertang	5	3	4
centurymaker	4	4	1
marc71178	4	3	5
Marcuss		4	2	2
Daemon		4	2	1
morgieb		4	1	4
biased indian	3	5	3
Spark		1	1	3
shankar		1	1	0
pup11		1	0	3
BoyBrumby	1	0	2
Samuel_Vimes	1	0	1
Noble One	1	0	0
alternative	0	2	1
Himannv		0	2	0
Pup Clarke	0	2	0
Neil Pickup	0	1	0
Cevno		0	0	2
straw man	0	0	1

Marcuss

Marc71178 created all four quarter-final prediction threads within minutes of each other, didn't he? No reason why you couldn't have posted your predictions for this one along with the others. I know it's only a game, and I don't want to sound rude or anything, but cut-off times are there for a reason. If I am not mistaken, Somerset and a few others missed a couple of matches too, so it'd be extremely unfair if posts made after the start were allowed. Nothing personal, just an honest opinion. :)
I would've gone. Not I am going. I knew it wasn't going to be counted but as far as I know it's not breaking any kind of rule to post what I would've gone for. All games are created within minutes of each other but I've made it a kind of habit to do each one the night before the game. Of course it runs the risk of unseen events preventing me from making my predictions, events such as the ones that occurred last night. I wasn't asking Marc to include me, I knew that I'd missed out so basically your post is redundant because I wasn't seeking to be included.
I've not allowed a post after the deadline yet, so what makes you think I would now?
Nothing, which is why I didn't ask to be included in any way, shape or form.

centurymaker

I would've gone. Not I am going. I knew it wasn't going to be counted but as far as I know it's not breaking any kind of rule to post what I would've gone for. All games are created within minutes of each other but I've made it a kind of habit to do each one the night before the game. Of course it runs the risk of unseen events preventing me from making my predictions, events such as the ones that occurred last night. I wasn't asking Marc to include me, I knew that I'd missed out so basically your post is redundant because I wasn't seeking to be included.

Nothing, which is why I didn't ask to be included in any way, shape or form.
I copied and pasted mine straight from microsoft word. had it ready well before the match. I just wanted to delay posting it so that i could see the predictions of a few other people. :laugh: backfired.

Last edited:

biased indian

I copied and pasted mine straight from microsoft word. had it ready well before the match. I just wanted to delay posting it so that i could see the predictions of a few other people. :laugh: backfired.
should post a dummy entry..and correct it later on...

think 1 missed 2 rounds other wise could have been in top 5