• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Trivia Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There goes my guess then - thought that may have been the last time a player made his England debut during the World Cup

wpdavid

I'll chuck in a clue then. For it to happen David James would have to play.
I'm pretty sure no-one from Portsmouth played for us in 1970. Nor anyone with an alice band, for that matter. I don't think it's age related, either.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, final clue: it will happen if our starting line up is

James
Johnson
A Cole
Gerrard
Dawson
Terry
Lennon
Lampard
Crouch
Rooney
J Cole

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right so it's players wearing 1-11

I thought a Sven team did that but it might well have been in the Euros

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I reckon we did in Euro 2004 against Switzerland or Croatia (and maybe Portgual) but I'm not completely sure. Depends how the paper worded it I guess.

FTR the 1-11 in 04 was

James
Neville
Cole
Gerrard
Terry
Campbell
Beckham
Scholes
Rooney
Owen
Lampard

I know Campbell never played against France but reckon that was our XI in at least some of the other games.

Suppose I better think of a question now...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah I reckon we did in Euro 2004 against Switzerland or Croatia (and maybe Portgual) but I'm not completely sure. Depends how the paper worded it I guess.

FTR the 1-11 in 04 was

James
Neville
Cole
Gerrard
Terry
Campbell
Beckham
Scholes
Rooney
Owen
Lampard

I know Campbell never played against France but reckon that was our XI in at least some of the other games.

Suppose I better think of a question now...
Paper def said world cups, so would be correct then.