• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's Gheyest Inventions

Great Birtannia

Can anyone top one of these beauties?

I remember they were all the rage when they were released a few years back in the US and it seems I ran into, literally, the only man in Australia ever to own one.

The bloke, in his 40s or 50s, came flying around a corner unsighted, there was a massive hedge on the property blocking view from both sides, and nearly took myself and my labrador out on the footpath.

The guy that invented them certainly has a lot to answer for.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back, sack & crack waxes. Sorry, but some parts of the male anatomy are meant to be properly hirsute IMHO.

C_C

Langeveldt said:
How about gloves that dont have individual fingerlets? Mittens?
I dont mind mittens. They are easy to slip on if you are going out in a jiffy. (Yes, i am the gimp who always gets his ring finger in the middle finger slot in the glove atleast 2 outta 3 times).
btw, most mittens here (Canada) come with individual fingerlets but they are open ended and upto the first joint, like biker gloves, with the 'no fingerlets part' folded or buttoned back up.

Langeveldt

Soutie
C_C said:
I dont mind mittens. They are easy to slip on if you are going out in a jiffy. (Yes, i am the gimp who always gets his ring finger in the middle finger slot in the glove atleast 2 outta 3 times).
btw, most mittens here (Canada) come with individual fingerlets but they are open ended and upto the first joint, like biker gloves, with the 'no fingerlets part' folded or buttoned back up.
My little finger is so small that it has to go into the fingerlet containing the ring finger when i wear gloves.. I rarely ware them, they are for sissies unless you are in the arctic north or skinning a goat..

C_C

I rarely ware them, they are for sissies unless you are in the arctic north
Well some Yanks i've met think i live in an igloo...:laugh: :laugh:

PS: Vancouver winter = london winter minus the snow. Cold, damp, God's personal peeing bowl and hella depressing. Thank God for Whistler close by and the stupendous summers we have.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
C_C said:
Well some Yanks i've met think i live in an igloo...:laugh: :laugh:

PS: Vancouver winter = london winter minus the snow. Cold, damp, God's personal peeing bowl and hella depressing. Thank God for Whistler close by and the stupendous summers we have.
Haha, some Yanks think I live in a mud hut surrounded by Lions and snakes.. Sometimes I ride an Elephant to work..

London hardly gets snow these days.. In the South of England you only get decent snowfall every few winters.. Seems to be the same as Vancouver, which apparently is one of the best cities in the world to live in

Matteh

Langeveldt said:
Haha, some Yanks think I live in a mud hut surrounded by Lions and snakes.. Sometimes I ride an Elephant to work..

London hardly gets snow these days.. In the South of England you only get decent snowfall every few winters.. Seems to be the same as Vancouver, which apparently is one of the best cities in the world to live in
Bangor got a good amount of snow last year. Had a good load the year before at home too. :)