• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You dream world cup final

Barney Rubble

England vs Germany, England win 16-0 after the Germans have their entire back four sent off for fighting between themselves in the third minute. Wayne Rooney returns to action with ten minutes left and scores a hat-trick. Theo Walcott also scores a double-hat-trick, all of them bicycle kicks from outside the area.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No it isn't.

6 players on a side and the game is called off, hence Warnock the scumbag persuading a couple of his team that they were injured a few years back.

EnglishRose

BoyBrumby said:
England v Argentina.

England to win 1-0 thanks to a blatant dive from Michael Owen to win another penalty & Sol Campbell to concede a last minute penalty with a brutal scythe of Crespo (which ends Crespo's career), then subsequently saved from Riquelme by Robinson.

After the game the population of Argentina vote to disband the country & Diego Maradona is sold to Huntingdon Life Science for vivisection.
Dream on.

I would say the UK is far more likely to break up than Argentina ....everyone knows the the SCots and the WElsh aren't exactly enamoured with the English.

Anyway, Argentina have always been a far superior footballing nation to England and always will be. England are nothing more than hype - all you guys have ever done is 1966 - not even a single European championship to boast about - and you still think you're a top footballing nation.

As for "hand of god", well I'm happy to see it still rankles the English after all these years :laugh:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
EnglishRose said:
Dream on.

I would say the UK is far more likely to break up than Argentina ....everyone knows the the SCots and the WElsh aren't exactly enamoured with the English.

Anyway, Argentina have always been a far superior footballing nation to England and always will be. England are nothing more than hype - all you guys have ever done is 1966 - not even a single European championship to boast about - and you still think you're a top footballing nation.

As for "hand of god", well I'm happy to see it still rankles the English after all these years :laugh:
IqbalJaved, is that you? :-O

Oh no, it's just Salamuddin... :glare:

OK, I lied, it's really Wasimullah :happy:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
EnglishRose said:
Dream on.

Humour's a tricky devil to appreciate, isn't it?

As for the bit in bold, well you've got me there. But, just for a laugh, here's two interesting stats for your education & enlightenment:

Competitive games won by Argentina v England in normal playing time: 1
Competitive games won by England v Argentina in normal playing time: 3

Steulen

the Netherlands vs. Germany.

Germany to go ahead through a dodgy penalty in the first minute.

The Netherlands to equalize in the first half, typical Van the Man close range tip-in.

Headed winner in the 88th minute by central defender Boulahrouz, Netherlands win 2-1.

Apart from that a game of no quality getting the rest of the world to moan about it for the next four years.

Craig

World Traveller
What ever happened to Northern Ireland? Aren't they part of the UK or Great Britian? If so is being planned that Northern Ireland can be given to the folks in Ireland.

Cloete

Craig said:
What ever happened to Northern Ireland? Aren't they part of the UK or Great Britian? If so is being planned that Northern Ireland can be given to the folks in Ireland.
They're part of the UK Craig. They beat England 2-1 recently in the WC Qualifying in Belfast :laugh:

I honestly doubt they'd ever be part of Ireland again...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
As The Rev Dr Ian Paisley would have it,

"Never, never, never, never!"

We'd (the UK) would be v chuffed to be shot of Ulster, but yer prods in the 6 counties would never wear it.

If the UK does split up (prob will eventually, but long-term) I think you'd see an independent Northern Ireland in the EU.

/derail

Cloete

Australia v Brazil for me.

Australia win 5-4 on penalties after everyone scores until Schwarzer saves Ronaldo's penalty. With the Australians then telling them each of their names as they shake his hand after the game.

A few weeks later he's asked if he knows of any Australian players and he says, "The one at Osasuna and the one who saved my penalty in the World Cup Final."

Don

PORTUGAL VS T&T portugal to win 3-2 on penalties after a 2 all full time score

Simon

WCC Staff
Cloete said:
Australia v Brazil for me.

Australia win 5-4 on penalties after everyone scores until Schwarzer saves Ronaldo's penalty. With the Australians then telling them each of their names as they shake his hand after the game.

A few weeks later he's asked if he knows of any Australian players and he says, "The one at Osasuna and the one who saved my penalty in the World Cup Final."
:laugh:

i like this final the most so far!

ash chaulk

yep cloetes final is awesome maybe when the socceroos swap shirts atleast all players will know one of us

cpr

BoyBrumby said:
As The Rev Dr Ian Paisley would have it,

"Never, never, never, never!"

We'd (the UK) would be v chuffed to be shot of Ulster, but yer prods in the 6 counties would never wear it.

If the UK does split up (prob will eventually, but long-term) I think you'd see an independent Northern Ireland in the EU.

/derail
Think the southern Irish government (not the people mind) are happy not to have the north, purely because its such a political headache, thanks to certain orange clad 'doctors' (i cant actually type his name, not without falling foul of the word filter). Total independance is the only alternative for the north

Anyway, the final

England v Germany:

After knocking over the Italians in the quarters (who's tactic of running away then changing sides hasnt worked since 1944), and making the French surrender in the semis (breaking Scotland v Estonia's record of fastest international match), England lined up to face the old enemy. In a re run of the 1966 final, but this time on German soil. Naturally german fans are expectant, almost arrogant. Naturally English fans show blind loyalty despite the fact half the squad have bird flu (the half dead michael carrick is still prefered to the fully fit standby Phil Neville). Due to gangrene Rooney has had his right leg amputated, so sven puts him on the left wing ahead of joe cole

Only one ref can manage such a match. No, not Uriah Rennie, but Pierre Luigi Collina comes back for one match.

Things start bad for Germany, as a high ball goes between crouch's legs and over the defender stood between them, owen chases the ball into the box, provoking the usual 'How dare you f*****g come within 20 yards of me' reaction from Lehman, who promtly pushes him over and demands Owen booked. Unlike Premiership refs, Collina has a spine, so germany are down to 10 men.

Unfortunatly the first half is bogged down with both sides entrenched in their own half. At one point rooney advanced 6 inches to the delight of the crowd, untill they realised he'd lost balance and fallen over. Sven moves in upfront in the hope he can do it again in the box and win a penalty. Play is held up just before half-time due to floodlight failure. Dozy Crouch wasnt looking where he was going and smashed a bulb.

Early in the second half the sides are evened when Beckham earns a red card and the George Cross for kicking Ballack in the Ballacks.

In the 2nd minute of stoppage time, Sven, seeing a major feat of genius is needed to secure the game, subs Crouch before a corner to replace him with Hargreaves. The german players promptly start laughing at the fact that such a p**s-poor excuse for a footballer is on the pitch they dont notice Gary Neville sneak in at the back post to score the winning goal.

In celebration, the Queen officially declares July 9th National Bushy Tache day. America delcares it Dominance Day to celebrate the day an American single handidly won the World Cup, because the Canadians count as their own when it comes to victories.

So there you have it, 1-0 England in the final, Neville for the winner, get down the bookies. I've seen the future