• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

91Jmay

This is dismal, we are so bad at answering a big score on a flat pitch. Can't remember when we have done it well, India 2011 maybe?

Howe_zat

This is dismal, we are so bad at answering a big score on a flat pitch. Can't remember when we have done it well, India 2011 maybe?
Nah, only the first Test was on a flat pitch and we batted first.

Some of the Windies Tests? brb checking cricinfo

LegionOfBrad

What ****ing nonsense. Two consecutive matches you get out for less that 150 on the first day including one innings where you fail get past 60 is the reason you lost.

The bowling has been inconsistent but the batting has been ****pile.

91Jmay

Nah, only the first Test was on a flat pitch and we batted first.

Some of the Windies Tests? brb checking cricinfo
This is a flat pitch and so was Lords. Lords was miles flatter than Cardiff, which is no surprise as it is the worst Test match ground in the country.

LegionOfBrad

I'm not one for Beefys 10 slips and a keeper fields but we need 200 to make you bat again and there's just two slips and a gully?

wpdavid

i dont think ill ever have to watch bell bat again
Consider yourself lucky. We're probably stuck with him for at least another 12 months unless he decides to call it a day.

Yet another series when he's averaged comfortably under 30 if my sums are right.

LegionOfBrad

This is a flat pitch and so was Lords. Lords was miles flatter than Cardiff, which is no surprise as it is the worst Test match ground in the country.
Cardiff wasnt that flat even day one. It had a bit of up and down which just got worse. It was slow as **** but not flat.

Kirkut

Mitchell Johnson is 33 so this could be his last Ashes in England, he will be happy I believe, he seriously does not enjoy bowling in England. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar who is 20 kph slower than most Aussie bowlers has outbowled all of them considering the series stats.

LegionOfBrad

Consider yourself lucky. We're probably stuck with him for at least another 12 months unless he decides to call it a day.

Yet another series when he's averaged comfortably under 30 if my sums are right.
Yeah he's not getting dropped because of a lack of decent replacements currently.

flibbertyjibber

Mitchell Johnson is 33 so this could be his last Ashes in England, he will be happy I believe, he seriously does not enjoy bowling in England. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar who is 20 kph slower than most Aussie bowlers has outbowled all of them considering the series stats.
The relevance of that is?

91Jmay

**** me Indian fans never cease to amaze me. They can get Team India into any discussion no matter how tenuous.

91Jmay

Trent Bridge 2014 vs India is probably the best candidate
Yeah that is a good call, think Jimmy getting an 80 odd and Broad getting fifty though sort of shows our top order weren't great in that situation again. Root fails and our batting order almost never responds to a big first dig score. You can get away with that a bit in England when our bowlers knock teams over sub 200 a lot but not abroad.

wpdavid

Yeah he's not getting dropped because of a lack of decent replacements currently.
Quite. Plus the fact that so much of our top 7 is iffy, it would be a brave move to drop a guy averaging 40+ over 100 tests until one or two other positions are settled.
But he does piss me off no end.