• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

grecian

Given Southgates obsession with young players I expect Greenwood to be the next new cap. That’s not to imply that he shouldn’t be.
I think he's quality, but obviously we have to look at the procession of English hype, that for one reason or another haven't quite lived up to unrealistic expectations.

Actually think that Rashford taking the hype off him, for brilliant reasons, and no major comps for awhile, he may escape the huge hype, though wrighty gushing over him on MOTD, probably didn't help.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looks like Micky is off to Dundee United, my heart can't take much more of this year football wise. And I'm still not over Norwood going so this is too much

On the TRFC forum someone said Tisdale is lined up as replacement, no idea if true

Uppercut

That City game was great. Surely it’s much better for Sky if the BBC are showing the odd game like that.

Pothas

In Spain and outfield player just had to go in goal for the last minute and saved a shot from the opposition keeper. One of the best things you will ever see.

Lillian Thomson

Wigan are appealing against a points deduction on the grounds off "force majeure". Wigan had been mismanaged and were heading for a fall anyway, but it'll be interesting if they succeed on the grounds of the pandemic as an unexpected event as it'll open the gate for everyone to do the same who goes into administration.

duffer

These Ornstein tweets about Partey and Thiago are all just a dick tease, right?

I don't want to hope and hurt again....

Pothas

Wigan are appealing against a points deduction on the grounds off "force majeure". Wigan had been mismanaged and were heading for a fall anyway, but it'll be interesting if they succeed on the grounds of the pandemic as an unexpected event as it'll open the gate for everyone to do the same who goes into administration.
Everything that has come out over the last week seems to suggest they have just been completely ****ed over by the people that bought the club recently rather than any sort of long term issue.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, another one who was made to look massively shite due to Emery's direness.

Hope Arsenal manage to keep him, but I suspect it's rather doubtful.

Uppercut

It was unfortunate, but it's very hard to argue that it's not a red. Type of challenge that Arsenal fans get apoplectic about when it's anyone else.

Niall

How many players do Utd need to challenge the top 2?

I suggest 4,,,,De Gea is probably done while jury is out on Henderson at elite level. Lindelof like Smalling is decent but neither are elite.

An Ndidi type midfielder and a right winger would probably be enough. I think in Martial and Rashford they are sorted with strikers.

Bin Rojo, Jones, the Brazilian Cleverly and Obviously Sanchez also.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

I suggest 4,,,,De Gea is probably done while jury is out on Henderson at elite level. Lindelof like Smalling is decent but neither are elite.

An Ndidi type midfielder and a right winger would probably be enough. I think in Martial and Rashford they are sorted with strikers.

this would require woodward to do some actual work tho

Uppercut

I’d prioritise getting the best attacking player we can (which is surely Sancho) over filling in gaps this summer. Not sure there’s a lot of points to be gained by replacing, say, Lindelof with Koulibaly in the starting XI.

After that we need a better DM than Matic. Also Grealish as a replacement for Pogba might need to happen.