• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - 10th/11th July 2020

Adders

Definitely very noticeably faster for me on Chrome on both mobile (full site) and desktop.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi James

issue when using a mobile (seems to be only mobile skin) of apostrophes turning into ?s. Which is weird but apparently a few of us have it.

be grateful if there?s something which could be done.
Glad I?m not the only one with this issue, am on mobile too.

I?m
You?re
He?d
Let?s
If you guys use the full site on your phone, do you have the same problem?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just a heads up everyone that today's work has started and the site may go offline for a few mins. I'll post back when it's complete.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The apostrophe thing isn't an issue in desktop mode
Thanks OS, how many of you make use of the mobile skin? With larger phone screens, is it really necessary for you?

And for the record, I did a test post from my Nokia phone with the mobile skin and it was fine.

Shri

Wasn't it working before? That's very strange if so that its taken that long.
Yeah but I watched a YouTube video that said it could take anywhere between 5 minutes and 24 hours for the DNS to be updated. I only have access to a phone so I couldn't flush the DNS like I could have on a computer.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah but I watched a YouTube video that said it could take anywhere between 5 minutes and 24 hours for the DNS to be updated. I only have access to a phone so I couldn't flush the DNS like I could have on a computer.
Sure, fair enough. Thanks Shri.

Flem274*

123/5
was slow af as soon as i put on skygo for the rugby. haven't had this before server move but issue possibly my end.

James

Cricket Web Owner
was slow af as soon as i put on skygo for the rugby. haven't had this before server move but issue possibly my end.
Let's put it down to that with DNS propagation possibly still occurring. If it happens again, please post in here when its happening if you can.

Daemon

I still can’t access the forum from my PC. I’ve tried flushing the DNS and clearing caches but no luck.