• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by jonbrooks

1. J

Why do people still believe MSM?

Hasn't history told you that MSM is full of lies and has its own agenda? How can people be so stupid as to believe everything that MSM spouts? Any right minded person would know MSM stories don't stack.
  2. J

My 2016 Test XI

1) Warner 2) Azhar Ali 3) Root 4) Kohli 5) Smith 6) Bairstow 7) Ashwin 8) Starc 9) Herath/Broad 10) Wagner 11) Rabada Between Bairstow, Starc and Ashwin the all rounder position is covered adequately. Kohli pushes Smith to number 5. Depending on conditions I'd go for Broad or Herath at 9.
  3. J

George Michael passed away :-(

So sad. It's been a year for musicians passing away. Bowie, Prince and now George Michael. I am sure there were others. RIP.
  4. J

Boult and Southee - lack of swing

What's happened to these guys? Is it because of their injuries? Have the balls changed? A couple of years ago both Southee and Boult would swing the ball prodigiously. They don't do this any more. Not even in NZ conditions. Watch these highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJW0OgK7obQ...
  5. J

Cricket ground size comparison?

I watched what looked like a top edge hook shot from Santner go for 6. When the stats on the distance showed up I was surprised to see the ball had traveled 76m. That would be 6 on just about any ground. I tried googling for a cricket ground comparison charter where one ground's dimensions...
  6. J

Should the cricket world call it stumps for West Indies cricket?

West Indies are well past their used by date.
  7. J

Position of snicko mics

Does anyone know where the snicko mics are placed? Are they placed close to the stumps or at various positions along the pitch? I ask because I feel nicks don't register as much when a player is playing a shot further down the pitch e.g. a sweep shot. Perhaps this is why Lyon's nick didn't...
  8. J

Isis

Where did they come from?
  9. J

Most runs in all forms of the game for a calendar year?

If my maths is correct Williamson currently has 2930 runs in all forms of the game (tests, odi and t20). Is this the most in a calendar year?
  10. J

Loss art of reverse swing

With the roads being prepared for ODIs bowlers can no longer expect assistance from the pitch. So if you're failing to get anything from the wicket your only option is to do something in the air. Whatever happened to the booming inswinging yorkers of the 90s and early 2000s? Seems like everyone...
  11. J

Batsman or Batter

Which term do you prefer? I prefer batsman. Can't stand the use of the word "batter".
  12. J

How old are you?

Just curious to know the age of my fellow Cricket Web forum users. BTW I am 53.
  13. J

Official Test Match balls

Just wandering what the different brands of official test match balls are. I know of the Kookaburra and Duke balls but not sure if there are other brands that are used. Would be great if someone could come up with a summary of the different official balls and also a discussion on how they...
  14. J

Any updates on NZ's tour of Oz later this year?

I wanna get me flights and accommodation booked early!
  15. J

NZ tour of Australia this summer?

Heard on the radio this morning there will be an NZ tour of Oz later this year. Have any dates for the fixtures been released?