• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by salman85

1. salman85

Academic Dilemmas

Has anyone here been in a position where you've studied something for a considerably long time, and then at a later stage realized that you wasted a large chunk of your academic life studying something you were never actually interested in? Im not talking about random courses here and...
  2. salman85

Should Dhoni still captain India?

Just something that hit me during the NZ tour.He's been captain for almost 7 years now if you start with the first T20 world cup, and 7 years is a LOT. He is obviously an integral part of their side an will continue to be one for the next few years atleast.But is Dhoni the captain declining...
  3. salman85

Right Armers ATG vs Left Armers ATG

Just an idea that struck me.I dont think theres been a thread along these lines before so i thought ill make one. As the title suggests, you have to come up with one ATG of all right handers, and the other ATG team of all left handers, and then decide which one is stronger according to each...
  4. salman85

Who is the best leg spinner after Warne?

Warne is the greatest leg spinner ever.Even if you wear the most biased of glasses,no one can argue against Warne being the best leg spinner the game has ever seen. But who is the 2nd best?Qadir?Kumble?Anyone else? Discuss.
  5. salman85

Jim Laker - Better than Swann?

With Swann's retirement and a ton of people calling him the best spinner England produced,the only name that came up as an alternative to Swann as England's best ever spinner was Underwood. In all that, how come Laker never got mentioned? He is surely a very strong contender for the tag of...
  6. salman85

Why Isn't Cricketweb on Tapatalk?

I downloaded Tapatalk on my iphone yesterday,and it's a brilliant app. PreviouslyI had to use my laptop to post on forums.Not because i coudn't use the forums from the phone, but it just wasn't the same thing.Small text, having to swipe here and there to read a single post..very time consuming...
  7. salman85

Will West Indies ever become as good as they were?

They set a very high standard back then,and easily lay a claim to having one of the best playing 11 during their heydays.They have become pretty woeful off late,and other than a few performances here and there,they hardly have anything noteworthy to speak of,especially at the Test Level.They do...
  8. salman85

Laptop Suggestions

I'm planning on a buying a laptop for personal use at the Boxing day Sale.I'll be using it at home only.No official work. Need some suggestions.My budget is $500. Suggest.
  9. salman85

Is Jonty Rhodes the best fielder International Cricket has seen ?

Jonty's probably the only guy better known for his fielding than other attributes of Cricket. But Fielding ability is more subjective than batting or bowling ability.You have stats measuring the number of catches and runouts you've achieved, but you can't measure the number of runs you have...
  10. salman85

BBM finally on IOS and Android

Finally :D Just downloaded it from appstore.And it's pretty slick. Anyone else tried it on IOS and Android yet?
  11. salman85

Worst and Best Major Airports You've Been To

For me it would be.. Best - Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) Worst - Heathrow. Discuss.
  12. salman85

Dhoni - Best ODI Batsman Of All Time ?

Another ODI match.Another instance of India facing defeat. And another masterclass by Dhoni. Surely, after all these years now, and all the top drawer performances, he should rank as the greatest ODI batsman of all time. Ahead of the likes of Bevan and co. Or is that still an exaggeration ?
  13. salman85

Did any of the Great bowlers of the past chuck?

Perhaps this wasn't an issue in the past,or atleast not one that is monitored as closely as it is now,but did you ever see footage of a bowler that you were too young to see live,and wonder if the action was completely legal? I was going through some footage of Trueman today,and i thought there...
  14. salman85

Can an average ODI player be an ATG?

Test Cricket is the ultimate form of Cricket, and the barometer against which the ability of a player is judged. A player who has not succeeded at Test Level might never be considered a true cricketing great. All ATGs from the past had stellar Test Careers. Some managed to have great ODI...
  15. salman85

The Most Glamorous Cricket Of Them All?

The Most Glamorous Cricketer Of Them All? Imran?Miller?Anyone else? I've heard stories of Imran,but i've also heard people say that Miller was more glamorous than Imran.Any other players that come to mind?Other than Tendulkar ofcourse.