• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst and Best Major Airports You've Been To

HeathDavisSpeed

Worst - LAX
Best - Singapore

EDIT: Heathrow's ****ness depends somewhat on the terminal you're in, but LAX is utterly **** regardless of the terminal. Much, much worse than Heathrow (which is also incredibly poor).

salman85

Never been to Los Angeles, so i can't say. But I've been on Terminal 3 & 4 at Heathrow. Both horrible experiences.

I'm travelling to Canada next week, and i have a 10 hour layover at Heathrow terminal 5. I've heard good things about terminal 5, but let's see. The passenger traffic at Heathrow makes things even more difficult btw. No wonder the staff is always pissed off. But what pisses me off, more than anything else, is a lack of sleeping pods at Heathrow. Abu Dhabi airport has there really need sleeping pods - you pay, and sleep for whatever hours you want. There's no such facility inside Heathrow. For such a major airport, you would expect sleeping pods because a ****load of people will have long layovers.

Plus.no free internet past 45 mins. Major nuisance.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

LAX had two shops for the whole terminal and not anywhere near enough seats for the number of passengers running through the terminal. Disaster.

Mind you, the airport terminals at Port Vila and Apia weren't much better - but they still offered more shops (even if they were more like market stalls) than LAX.

salman85

Airports from the far east have left ones from the west so far behind it's not even funny. I once read an article about which airports travellers wanted to avoid most, and the top 2 ones were Heathrow and Frankfurt.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My first thought was Changi - Singapore. Narita, Japan sticks out too but it was probably because it was the first overseas airport I had seen. In Europe my favourite is Amsterdam's.

I'm not sure if it is considered major enough but Bali's was pretty ordinary.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I haven't been to too many. Dubai airport terminals 1 and 2 suck big time. Terminal 3 which is Emirates's terminal is decent.

Changi is really awesome.
KL is ok ((looks similar to dxb airport)
Dulles in Washington is decent, Reagan National sucks
Houston airport is stupidly huge but it was ok

Flem274*

123/5
i've found auckland can be painful because when you're on your way home having just gotten off your international flight, the domestic plane inevitably breaks down and you have to wait ten million hours for your 30 minute flight home.

on the opposite end of the scale, and probably showing how little i've travelled to big countries here, hong kong airport was ****ing awesome. it's huge. lots of shops.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Heathrow Terminal 5 was excellent when I went. Plenty to do and see, plenty of amenities etc...

Can confirm that Stansted is a truly dreadful place though.

Bristol airport not especially great either, but that's just because it's a massive pain to get there.

uvelocity

POM - coincidence, you decide

christchurch is hilarious when you exit the plane they have sheep baaing and drovers whistling. really helps the stereotype imo

salman85

Is Dubai airport as good as Abu Dhabi airport?Or Better?

I thought Abu Dhabi was wonderful. Not too crowded, plenty of seating, clean washrooms, nice bar, smoking areas. Very good experience.

BeeGee

Worst - LAX.
Best - Denver

Chicago is the worst for on time flights. I've never had a flight out of Chicago be on time. Not once in over 20 occasions.

HeathDavisSpeed

Can confirm that Stansted is a truly dreadful place though.
Stansted has just got too busy for the terminal. I remember when it first opened that it was vastly, vastly superior to Gatwick or Heathrow in every way. Open, airy, light, good amenities. I shudder to think how much passenger traffic has increased since the terminal was built in 1991.

According to Wikipedia though (lol) passenger numbers in 1988 were 1.1 million per annum and the new terminal was designed to cope with 15 million. Stansted has exceeded 15m per annum every year since 2002 with nearly 24m passing through in both 2006 and 2007.

On that basis, it's not surprising that it's kinda ****ed these days. But I'll always remember it was the place it was in the early 90s when it was spacious and much less dingy than the other London airports.