• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
zaremba
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Out of interest, what did your controversial introductory paragraph end up saying?
    I'm not sure, it's a great Uni and all but I didn't really like the place on the open day. Bristol's meant to be very good as well, and all of the people I know who've been and visited it have praised it to the rooftops.
    Kent's my fall back, it's AAB, so if they don't give me an offer it's 3As or I don't go to Uni! :/
    The others (Bristol, Cardiff and Warwick) are alternatives to Exeter and are all likely to be 3As. Warwick is slightly different as I applied to their Law with a year abroad in English course.
    Yeah, of course. Sorry, didn't even realise I had.

And nope, nothing. Which is beginning to worry me, Kent for example have made several people in my year offers, whereas they haven't even told me whether they've received my offer or not. Gah.
    Yeah, will need to get myself into gear, probably spend a little less time on CW :p Will have a much better idea come March, after seeing the results of my January exams.

Thanks a bunch, and again thanks for all the help in getting to this stage :)
    A*s in English and Maths, As in History and Biology... I struggled with Biology last year though and am not confident about my History coursework this year.
    Yeah, they've made no mention of a 4th subject at AS level or anything. So AAAU should get me in.
    I don't think AABB cuts it either. I'm petrified I'm going to get A*A*BB though :/
    Exeter, have had confirmations from Bristol, Warwick and Cardiff to say they've received my application. Bristol have said they don't usually make offers until the January-mid March period as they require you to take the LNAT so wait for results from that.
    Haven't heard anything from Kent yet.
    Tom,
    Just in case you were at all interested, I received my first offer yesterday. So I'd just like to say thankyou for all the help you gave me with my Personal Statement. It was all massively appreciated, again thanks :)
    Hey Tom,
    Just looked through at the changes you have suggested to me, am about to have a go at including as many as I can. My only concern is the 4000 character limit/47 lines.
    The 3 lines I had at the bottom, I had inittally planned to use to describe "the depth and breadth of my life" as you put it at the end of the email.
    Do you think it would be more beneficial to include some extra information about when I have spoken in public? Or my social life/interests?
    As obviously I need to make myself attractive to the University and not just the course.
    Marcuss
    Hey Z, hope you don't mind me asking, but if at all possible do you think you could give my personal statement a quick gloss over at some point in the next few days? Would appreciate your critique of it :)

Marcuss
    YouTube - Broad throws ball at Zulqarnain Haider
    Appreciate the dramatic compilation of the video ;)
    Hey Mr Z,

Was wondering if you could spare a few seconds to complete my survey. Would be much appreciated.

Monash University Survey | Qualtrics Survey Software
    Hi,

I appear to have made a huge blunder in the battle of the cricketers. Marshall not in the final. So if you want to vote again on Lara-Viv, go ahead. :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…