• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Barney Rubble

Anyone heard of AIESEC?

I've been a member of a global student society called AIESEC for about eight months now, and the thought has only just crossed my mind that with so many students on this board from so many countries, some of you might have heard of it. We operate in 107 countries worldwide - I was just curious...
  2. Barney Rubble

Chris Lewis charged with drug smuggling

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/sussex/7772950.stm Bizarre, to say the least. :blink:
  3. Barney Rubble

Urgent music-related help needed

Right, basically I'm in charge of finding a playlist of songs related to travel, other countries, and general global themes for a Uni event I'm helping to organise on Monday, and I need some help from people with broader musical taste than me. Doesn't matter the genre - examples would be Africa...
  4. Barney Rubble

C'est quoi, le cricket?

New feature is up for discussion, guys: http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/features/36.php
  5. Barney Rubble

Gaming discussion

I'm contemplating getting one of the two sometime later this year, but I really don't know which. Besides the fact that the PS3 is more expensive, but would allow me to use all my PS2 games, I really don't have much to go on, having only played one game on a PS3 (which was a PS2 game), and never...
  6. Barney Rubble

Can you break the code?

7. Barney Rubble

You know what's really awesome?

I figured seeing as the rant thread gets so much mileage these days, there should be something somewhere to prevent CW become nothing but a place for people to vent their anger. Maybe this has been done before, I don't know, but hopefully this one'll stick. I'll start things off: The fact that...
  8. Barney Rubble

Battle of the Wrestlers

The recent spate of activity in the wrestling thread got me thinking this would be a good idea, plus it's a battle thread we haven't already done, which is a rarity. What's a good number of guys to include? Maybe 64, or is that not enough? There's a fair few guys who are certainties to be...
  9. Barney Rubble

Boredom Killers

So basically, this year I find myself in a foreign country, living alone, in a very small town where you have to take a cable car ride to even get to the town centre from where I live. In addition to this, I only work 12 hours a week. As a result of this, boredom is an obstacle I am frequently...
  10. Barney Rubble

So...what'd I miss?

Hey guys, remember me? Thought I'd pay you all a visit now I've got regular net access in France. Things are going fairly well over here, I live in a pretty dull town but it's no different to where I grew up, so it's all good. Teaching is a difficult profession, but luckily I'm only an...
  11. Barney Rubble

Life's Little Disappointments

Inspired by a conversation I've just had with a certain Mr Casson, this thread is dedicated to all of those disappointing little things that happen on a daily basis, that aren't big enough to go in the rant thread, but somehow really manage to get on your nerves. Ideas we've come up with so...
  12. Barney Rubble

Create a "Best Of"

Does one of your favourite bands not have a decent Best Of collection available? Perhaps you'd just like to see a collection of said band's songs from a certain era available on one album. Perhaps it's a new band that doesn't have enough album material to record a Best Of yet, but whose live...
  13. Barney Rubble

Musical help needed (shock horror)

Right. Everyone knows I have largely dire taste in music, so now that my latest student loan instalment is in the bank and I have some money, I shall soon (i.e. once my exams finish on the 30th) be going on a massive CD-buying spree. And by massive, I mean pretty huge - I intend for it to be...
  14. Barney Rubble

Best TV characters

This man wins hands down.
  15. Barney Rubble

Who would win in a fight between.....

Right, the idea of this thread is that one person comes up with two people, real or fictional (actually, they don't strictly have to be people - animals, inanimate objects, whatever), to place in a hypothetical fight to the death. The next person to post has to state who would win that fight...
  16. Barney Rubble

Best guitar riffs

You can ignore this thread, Matteh. You won't be interested. :p This thread is dedicated to stuff you just can't help but play air guitar to - saw something in a music magazine the other day along the same lines. Apparently general concensus is that Sweet Child O' Mine by Gn'Fn'R gets the prize...
  17. Barney Rubble

iPod help

My iPod's not working. iTunes tells me when I connect my iPod that it "cannot read the contents", and my iPod doesn't show up in the iTunes source list, even though I'm advised to rectify the problem by selecting it from said source list and restoring the factory settings. On closer inspection...
  18. Barney Rubble

Sky News hotel investigation scandal

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13540786,00.html This is at the hotel where I work. The whole thing doesn't affect me, as I'm not one of the Eastern European housekeeping guys who get paid next to nothing, but it's still worrying. My bosses did themselves no good with what they...
  19. Barney Rubble

Your favourite guitar riffs....in words!

Right, the aim of this thread is to put your favourite guitar riffs into verbal form. It's like when you're trying to describe a song to someone and you use a series of 'doos' and 'daas' - except you have to use whatever sounds you can to get across how the guitar goes as accurately as you can...
  20. Barney Rubble

So who's seen Snakes On A Plane yet?

I have. :D It's awesome. I was expecting it to be a bit rubbish, but it's actually a really good action movie which is also very funny in places. Samuel L is definitely the coolest man alive. Only film I've ever seen where the audience applauded - both during the film, and at the end. Great...