• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. mikeW

AFL player Knockout

The herald sun used to do it a while back and i thought the idea had a bit of merit. I will pick the best 64 players (always going to be subjective) and we will 3 polls over 3 days of voting and whoever leads that poll will go through to the next rd. Remember when posting a response try and...
  2. mikeW

Bryce Mcgain- Should he tour SA?

With the upcoming SA tour coming up this is one of a few selection quandary's the selectors will have to debate. At 36 he isn't a long term option but at this point in time is comfortably the best spin bowler in Australia. Do we select him or has he missed the boat completely? There's...
  3. mikeW

Tasmania manager resigns

Due to a lack of time to put in the required effort in. Was fun while it lasted. All the best!
  4. mikeW

Australia squad vs WI

The squad for the three Test matches to be played is: PLAYER STATE AGE Ricky Ponting, Captain TAS 33 Michael Clarke, Vice-Captain NSW 26 Beau Casson NSW 25 Stuart Clark NSW 32 Brad Haddin NSW 30 Matthew Hayden QLD 36 Ben Hilfenhaus TAS 25 Michael Hussey WA 32 Phil Jaques NSW 28 Mitchell Johnson...
  5. mikeW

Resignation

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now but i've only just now come to the decision that i won't be able to be committed enough to play on next season due to my last year of school and alot more going on in my life. This game has been a great enjoyment for me and it is pretty sad to...
  6. mikeW

Australian Prelimanary squad of 30

The preliminary squad of 30 for the ICC World Cup, which will be shortened to 15 players before the 13 February deadline, is as follows: State Age Ricky Ponting TAS 32 Adam Gilchrist WA 35 Andrew Symonds QLD 31 Brett Lee NSW 30 Glenn McGrath NSW 36 Michael Hussey WA 31 Michael Clarke NSW...
  7. mikeW

NBL Thread

Dont know if anybody follows the Basketball league in Australia, but the South Dragons have beaten the Melbourne Tigers tonight 107-94 with young gun Joe Ingles 10 of 15 from the field with 28 points. Also good to see a crowd of just over 9000 the most we've had in quite a while.
  8. mikeW

Cameron White

Just wondering people's thoughts on him, hes only 23 years old and is starting to mature with bat and ball. Anyone think he is a possibility to play test cricket or will he just be a 1 day player? IMO he is the best 23 yr old or younger we have in Australia and should replace Symonds as soon as...
  9. mikeW

Aussies Celebration thread

**** yeah! we've got the ashes back :cool: :cool: :) :)
  10. mikeW

Northerns announce players up for trade

Northerns would like to announce that the following players are up for trade: D Mongia H Amla K Khan L Marwood K Wettimuny E Mbhalati D Senekal S Shah M Love All other players would need to be a good deal as they are the future of the Northerns cricket club. The only player that is...
  11. mikeW

Northerns after OD Batsmen

anybody that has a OD bat around 45 and is crap in FC give me your msn so we can discuss a deal im pretty sure i'll be able to satisfy you.
  12. mikeW

Division 6 OD - team comparisons

Northerns probable OD Team T Orton Bat Ave 45 P Dros Bat Ave 41 M Rudolph Bat Ave 46.42 K van Jaarsveld Bat Ave 40.87 R McKenzie Bat Ave 36.96 K van Wyk (WK) 38.33 I Anjum SR 43.9 ER 4.44 K Khan SR 34.6 ER 4.35 E Mbhalati SR 31.2 ER 5.3 K Wettimuny SR 39 ER 3.76 D Senekal SR 28.5 ER 6.94...
  13. mikeW

Division 6 FC - Team Comparrison

Northerns probable Lineup T Orton Bat Ave 50 M Rudolph Bat Ave 43.34 M Love Bat Ave 44.88 R Gavaskar Bat Ave 46.59 K van Jaarsveld Bat Ave 45.23 M Aronstam Bat Ave 51.2 L Marwood WK Bat Ave 32.4 K Khan SR 39.2 ER 3.21 I Anjum SR 42 ER 3.26 D Senekal SR 48.4 ER 2.88 K Wettimuny SR 60 ER 2.42...