• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. OverratedSanity

Glenn maxwell takes indefinite break from cricket to deal with mental health issues

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27971825/glenn-maxwell-takes-indefinite-break-deal-difficulties-mental-health :( Hope he gets better
  2. OverratedSanity

Dumb rule gets obvious fix

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27844486/no-more-boundary-countback-icc-change-super-regulations
  3. OverratedSanity

Best robelinda video titles/ descriptions

The only thing in the world as good as a robelinda video is the titles and descriptions. Some of my favourites: - Glenn McGrath vs poor Virender Sehwag - 4 times violation of Sehwag's manhood - Match fixing Pakistani, 'THE RAT' Salim Malik, king of fixing, corrupt f*cker. Description: -...
  4. OverratedSanity

Paper vs bum-gun vs bidet vs hands to clean your backside

Paper is disgusting and completely impractical and inferior to the other two in every way. Bum-guns are one of the all time great inventions
  5. OverratedSanity

Mohammad Amir retires from tests

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27260793/mohammad-amir-announces-retirement-test-cricket Major wat @ that. Thought he was showing some flashes of his old self in recent series, especially in SA. However, I do admit to getting a kind of sick satisfaction in seeing him unable to get back...
  6. OverratedSanity

Battle of the drawn test matches

Nothing like a thrilling draw imo. No joke noms like SL 952 declared please. I'll run it with 32 nominations if there's enough interest.
  7. OverratedSanity

Battle of the shots

Didn't know what else to call it. Pick any one shot played by any batsman. One nomination per batsman to give non-Lara/Laxman batsmen a chance. The video for the shot in question is a must to be nominated. I'll start with VVS jumping 4 feet outside leg to drive Shane Warne through extra...
  8. OverratedSanity

TPC likely to retire in November

Herath may retire from international cricket in November - ESPNcricinfo I'm going to miss this glorious man so much.
  9. OverratedSanity

Best in the world title belt history

Since everyone was talking about when teams changed hands of the "no.1 team", was thinking what's been the history of the title for best player in the world? As in, during a stretch, that player was generally considered by almost everyone as the best in the world. Post WWI Best batsmen in the...
  10. OverratedSanity

Best of 2017

Is there a thread for this? Tests: Best batting performance: Pujara 92 vs Australia, Bangalore, or maybe Shai Hope twin tons vs England Best bowling performance: O'keefe 12fer vs India, Pune All round performance of the year: Shakib 10fer and 84 vs Australia Best series batting: Smith vs India...
  11. OverratedSanity

When will the ICC decide to automate front-foot no-ball calls?

This has been a problem for years. Umpires should either call every no-ball on field, or they shouldn't call no-balls at all and leave it up to the third umpire. Right now, they're doing something which is in an awkward area between the two. Sometimes, they call it on field (which as we saw...
  12. OverratedSanity

Battle of the Wrestling promos

Ok, let's do this. "Promos" as in a wrestler cutting a promo, not those PPV match promo videos (which actually could be a thread too). Must be on video to count. Send in noms. I'll get it started with a few obvious ones:
  13. OverratedSanity

Sore losers

Was reminded by someone of this Richie Richardson post match interview after WI lost the 95 series vs Australia. Got to be one of the least gracious losing speeches ever. Any others come to mind? India after Sydney 08 and the 654 times Australia cried about spinning pitches up there too. But...
  14. OverratedSanity

AB de Villiers expected to retire from tests

This is hardly a huge surprise, but thought it deserved a thread anyway. Should get the announcement over with and focus on the World Cup because I don't think delaying this further is helping anyone. AB de Villiers expected to retire from Test cricket | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
  15. OverratedSanity

Lonwabo Tsotsobe suspended for match fixing

Lonwabo Tsotsobe charged for corruption by CSA | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo Hate all these greedy ****s.
  16. OverratedSanity

Sharjeel, Irfan suspended from PSL for alleged spot fixing

Didn't see a thread on this yet. Mohammad Irfan suspended from PSL for alleged involvement in spot-fixing
  17. OverratedSanity

Trigger movements and backlifts AKA Why Joe Root is an aesthetically poor batsman

I actually would like to keep digging tbh. A big part of what makes a batsman pretty to watch, for me atleast, is how he looks at the crease before he even plays the ball. How compact his stance is, how much flair his backlift has, how balanced he looks, how he shuffles his feet before...
  18. OverratedSanity

Is the hook shot dying?

You don't see it being played that often in tests now do you? Is it because of the top edges from the better bats carrying easier to long/fine leg instead of falling safely into the gaps?
  19. OverratedSanity

Battle of the test innings played by batsmen currently less than 30 years old

I think that's a convoluted enough title for a random battle. All test match innings played by batsman over 30 years old at the time of this post are disqualified. Limit of a maximum of 3 per player to give non-Rahane players a chance Off the top of my head, some of the worthy ones are...
  20. OverratedSanity

Why a relative lack of great left arm pace bowlers?

Cricket has always produced lots of ATG left handed batsmen (Sobers, Lara, Harvey, Sangakkara, Pollock, etc) and plenty of very very good ones too. It's a similar case with slow left arm bowlers, with Verity, Rhodes, Bedi, Wardle, Herath, etc among plenty of others. But on the pace bowling...