• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. trundler

Cyber-bullying

Let's be honest, everyone who has used an internet forum has spent a significant portion of their time being dicks to people they'll hopefully never be within punching distance of. Everyone says things they wouldn't say to a person face to face. Where do you draw the line? What is bullying and...
  2. trundler

Imran v Hadlee v Miller

Somebody calculated and posted this table of adjusted averages * SR. I don't agree with the prioritisation of SR to yay extent but it shows Trueman was all ahead of the curve.
  3. trundler

Classic contests that DRS would've ruined

Donald had Atherton fairly early on in that innings. Some pretty woeful umpiring made things closer than they should've been in the 2000 WI Vs Pak series. This thread isn't about bad decisions per se, just instances when having a review would've prevented a thrilling contest from commencing.
  4. trundler

What is cheaper where you live

Cheese or butter? Pretty similar manufacturing process so there shouldn't be much of a disparity
  5. trundler

Moderate up/downgrade thread

You know the drill. List 2 cricketers similar in style and state who was the moderate upgrade on the other. Ex: Kapil was a moderate upgrade on Afridi as a one day batsman.
  6. trundler

Zaheer Abbas vs Ian Chappell

Better batsman? They had careers which overlapped a fair bit and both had similar roles. Abbas averaged 2 more runs more innings but had a slightly inferior century ratio. Better batsman? You decide! Interesting comparison imo.
  7. trundler

What are you thankful to CW for?

For adding the word melt to my vocabulary. Oh and I discovered Peep Show through here.
  8. trundler

Hedley Verity vs Clarrie Grimmett

Bill O'Reilly is generally considered to be the best interwar spinner owing to his supreme Ashes record and reputation as a fearsome bowler who troubled Bradman to an extent. The other 2 notable spinners from this period are Verity and Grimmett, both of whom also did relatively well when they...
  9. trundler

Prepare Trundler for online dating

5'10" As per RTB's choice
  10. trundler

Prepare Trundler for online dating

No ****ing clue how any of this works. How do I minimise my crippling personality defects with words? Do's and don'ts? Halp.
  11. trundler

Best 'keeper of the 90s

The 90s saw each of Australia, England, Pakistan and NZ field top class wicket-keepers. But who was the best between Healy, Russell, Latif and Parore? There's always talk of the best bowler and batsmen of that decade but the wicket-keeping stocks don't appear low on quality either.
  12. trundler

What are you thinking right now?

Thanks, lads. Was a good time. Now back to the BoTM duties.
  13. trundler

say the nicest thing you're capable of about zorax

Haha did you guys hear zorax thinks spoons are useless
  14. trundler

The Cricket Web Saga: episode one

The Chronicles of Julius speak of a being "made entirely of inadequacy and wholly inexpedient" The etymology of zorax is difficult to ascertain. One theory suggests that the term is derived from Clorox, which is what the readers of its posts on finger-spin were tempted to drink. According to...
  15. trundler

Combine 2 posters to make the GOAT

Bijed and Richard.
  16. trundler

Best Games Growing Up

17. trundler

Battle of the Members XV - congratulations sledger

Let me just consult the rules. Yeah it's fine
  18. trundler

What are you thinking right now?

There you go
  19. trundler

Of feasts and famines

The previous decade was notoriously easy for batting and there was a dearth of good fast bowlers. This has been rectified in this decade as even India have a decent pace bowling unit. But there are no truly great opening batsmen since Cook retired. None. The question which originally popped in...