• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Forecast for showers. Prediction, rain affected match that NZ jam their way into winning after getting a favourable Duckwlorth Lewis adjustment.

Days of Grace

Even though India are the stronger team, I was giving us no chance against Australia, with our record against them in games that count.

Zinzan

Perfect opportunity for NZ to troll an upset here, especially if there's something in it for the seamers.. As massive underdogs, they will be under far less pressure and expectation than India, and will hopefully free up and play somewhere near their best, which they haven't managed in the WC to date.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Forecast for showers. Prediction, rain affected match that NZ jam their way into winning after getting a favourable Duckwlorth Lewis adjustment.
Is the forecast actually for rain?

India are a decent team but I don't trust the middle order at all. A few early wickets and I think NZ can do real well.

Burgey

Lot of Indian fans counting their chickens over this game. NZ will win by 15 or three wickets in a thriller

Daemon

Reckon both teams would rather play each other than England and Australia.

Is Ferguson still out?

Zinzan

Reckon both teams would rather play each other than England and Australia.

Is Ferguson still out?
No, Ferguson is fit, and would have played the last game if it was a knock-out, it was just a precautionary rest.

thierry henry

Perfect. We beat India and not only do we make the final, we also prove that without rain outs we would have made the semis anyway

Jezroy

Yep - much more positive about our chances against India than Australia, even with all their injuries.

Even if New Zealand lose, I just hope they turn up. Like more than just Kane getting runs. And put in a great fielding performance. No dropped catches please (unless they are very difficult chances). Don’t want Sharma to be put down on 4 and make another 100 for instance.

So many dark horse references to float around in the next few days.

Days of Grace

Who is going to be the first commentator to say that whoever wins will go to the “finals”, even though it is only one match. Grinds my cricketing gears so bad.

Seems to have started with the Asian commentators.

OverratedSanity

Lot of Indian fans counting their chickens over this game. NZ will win by 15 or three wickets in a thriller
Nah, we'd just prefer to play NZ rather than England right now. It's obviously not some cakewalk.

Agree that rohit surviving Boult's spell early on will be key.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who is going to be the first commentator to say that whoever wins will go to the “finals”, even though it is only one match. Grinds my cricketing gears so bad.

Seems to have started with the Asian commentators.
If that’s all it takes, you probably need to relax more in life.

h_hurricane

If some of your predictions come true, it will rain all over England for the next 8 days and we all know who will be the winners then.

Borges

So this has turned out quite nicely: it is going to be a New Zealand vs England final after all.

C'mon, you Kiwis! C'mon, King Kane! Just win the damn thing this time.