• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Match - South Africa v Zimbabwe

SeamUp

Nice game to start with for SA.

Wonder how long they will persist with Behardien. Hopefully not too much longer.

The Duminy of the last 3 years outside of the injuries has been Mr. Cool and the number 6 role suits him down to a tee & his bowling is so vital to shaping this team.

Miller has finally been backed to bat time in the last year and is starting to produce what we know he can.

Zimbabwe :thumbup: Pakistan, India & Windies are capable scalps

Tec15

not a convincing display by south africa with the ball. with the ball looks unconvincing on foreign conditions so far.
Yeah, they really need bowlers of the class of Maxwell, Watson and Marsh to bowl 20 of their 50 overs.:yawn:

SeamUp

Benson Hedges kits bringing back so many memories of Hudson, Wessels, P.Kirsten, Cronje, Rhodes, Kuiper, McMillan, Richardson, Snell, Pringle, Donald

SA628.jpg

Good to hear mullet-man Meyrick Pringle on comms too. Used to bowl a sweet out-swinger.

Meyrick_Pringle.jpg

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Really love Masakadza as a batsman. He is underrated on the world stage..

Bad luck Zim, SA will take confidence in posting such a big total without contributions from Amal and abdv.

SeamUp

Really love Masakadza as a batsman. He is underrated on the world stage..

Bad luck Zim, SA will take confidence in posting such a big total without contributions from Amal and abdv.
Yeah, nice and nonchalant when he gets going.

jan

Win is good, Miller & JPD did good, top order not quite so... That uneasy feeling when watching Proteas play limited overs :)

SeamUp

Win is good, Miller & JPD did good, top order not quite so... That uneasy feeling when watching Proteas play limited overs :)
That pitch for the first 15 to 20 overs wasn't as easy as it got after that.

It was sticking in the wicket and I think some of our batsman had the attitude of c'mon this is Zimbabwe. They didn't respect the wicket or the fact Zimbabwe were right up for it.

GGG

Glad we are not in Zimbabwe's pool, would be nervous if I was a WI, Indian or Pakistan fan when it comes time to play them. I would be surprised if they don't win one of them.

YorksLanka

Wow just seen the scorecard and have to sayglad zim aain't in our group!!then I saw that Dav is coaching them now..makes sense now..