• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

8th Match - United Arab Emirates v Zimbabwe

wellAlbidarned

I'm not sure if I just wasn't paying enough attention, but it feels like the associate bowling standard is so much higher than previously. There's barely any 120kph trundlers opening the bowling and they all have a decent array of pace options.

anil1405

Zimbabwe's openers are their biggest weakness aside from their death bowling. Chakabva averages 16 in ODIs; he makes Younis and Jamshed look like Tendulkar and Ganguly.
And Raza is just starting to score quickly in his last few games I guess. His s/r was always pretty meh for an opener if am not wrong.

Bahnz

Good to see Zim making relatively light work of this chase so far. Would be hugely disappointed if they don't win this comfortably.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not sure if I just wasn't paying enough attention, but it feels like the associate bowling standard is so much higher than previously. There's barely any 120kph trundlers opening the bowling and they all have a decent array of pace options.
The standard of associate cricket below Ireland has gone through the roof since the last World Cup. It's definitely been a gradual process, but the T20 World Cup qualifiers is when it really hit me.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
If we're going to restrict it records opening then Chakabva averaged less than 10 going into this game. You're just being silly.
Younis has an average of 3.33 as an opener if you see that record :p

But yeah, I might be over doing it on the average but the point still stands. The overall batting quality of Zimbos > Pakistan (bar Misbah), from what I can see.

anil1405

Take it easy man, you are just being too critical of your team. A victory against WI and things won't be as bad as they seem to be.

viriya

Looks like Zim will **** this up.. Doesn't fit with the narrative of the new Zim that beats SL in warm-ups and does well vs other teams if they can't win vs UAE comfortably..

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Take it easy man, you are just being too critical of your team. A victory against WI and things won't be as bad as they seem to be.
Its an awful batting line up dude. Seems you haven't been following our odi line up that much recently have you?

anil1405

Its an awful batting line up dude. Seems you haven't been following our odi line up that much recently have you?
I have been. Problem is selectors not picking the right team more than anything. They have picked a batting unit that suits the 80's.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given he didn't keep, I have no idea. Chibhabha played a really good innings v SA so I assume he must be injured, but playing Matsikenyeri or (preferably) another proper bowler would've been a much better idea.