• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Proposal

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Mr. P

OK seeing as the Oceania Cup has been a failure, I have been thinking. My idea is that we should get rid of this forum and replace it with another one. It would go under a different name, because people get turned off by the Oceania Cup. We could still use the same teams etc from the Oceania Cup and it would be managed by me, age_master and possibly someone else...

The following positives could be reached from this:

- New Name. Nobody wants to get into the Oceania Cup because they are automatically turned off by its bad reputation.
- Time. Obviously if we take a lot of time to organise things in this forum people get impatient, understandbly. We could set up a suggestions thread and group ideas together until perfection.
- Computer. Mangement would actually have a computer.
- Club Managers. We would see who really wants to do this, really will get involved.

And yeah, I know you will probably say that if it fails here it will fail in a new forum, but I completely disagree. I reckon this could work.

If you don't reckon, ill scrap it. But then the Oceania Cup is odds on to be scrapped as well.

Mr. P

If this poll passes in favour of all of the above, we will move to put everything into action. Also we will take vote over the new name.

Cloete

I might cpnsider joining when I see a few ideas. Both you and age are very dependable... a yes from me!

Blewy

Mate to be honest, you have to ask yourselves why you want to do it??

IMO the Oceania Cup got up and running for the wrong reasons, and thats why these things dont work, because they start for the wrong reasons...

Wazim

dont be put off...great idea, so i vote yes and revamp it...but when dj gets a pc, then run it....it has alot of potential, so please do not kill it

Plus add more teams, seems more people want to join in

Mr. P

We're not killing the idea; rather, we're renewing it...it will be for the best I assure you...

90% (actually 100% because the 'No' person meant to press yes) sounds good to me...This idea has passed fully:)

Will talk to age shortly and we will start phase 1...

DJellett

And what, I'm just on the outside now?

I have poured time, efoort and no to mention money into this competition and then I'm just shut out without having a say?

And Blewy, what are you incinuating "the wrong reasons"?

Cloete

DJellett said:

I have poured time, efoort and no to mention money into this competition and then I'm just shut out without having a say?

That was your own fault. I told you not to pay that guy to make the webstie, what a waste of money. Someone else on here would have made it for you, assuming teh competition actually got started!

DJellett

Number one - you yourself weren't forthcoming with offers and number 2

That's not the point. The point is that I've been shut out of a competition that I've put so much into and I don't even had a say.

Mr. P

I expected this.

Dylan im sorry mate. Confession time. Yes you have been left on the outside, somewhat unfairly...

But one of the major reasons this comp was run so poorly was because of you. No offence meant here, but it's true. And to spend money on a website like that is insane. Big waste.

Sorry about this, but it was getting ridiculous. Promises unkept ect was taking what people liked out of the Oceania Cup...

DJellett

If you knew it was going to happen, why didn't you say so in the first place?

The reason why the OC didn't work out is partially because of me, and I accept that.
However, it is also partly due to not enough commitment from managers.
I am not prepared to sit here and be slagged off by people I trusted, what's more in my own forum.
You just accepted that it is unfair that I'm left out.
I don't think people understand just how hard this is.
I slave behind the scenes, hours of brainstorming, typing, and all this juggled with 4 days of full time cricket a week and 1 day of full time Radio/TV.
That leaves me 2 days, Monday and Sunday, and I use up mostly whole days of those two working on this.
Everyone can point comparisions to WCC, and I know they will.
However, they have 8 or more staff to do almost equal jobs as 1 or 2 of us do.
I am outraged at a lot of people right now.
To be honest, I feel like I cannot trust anyone at CricketWeb anymore.
You said promises unkept - like what?
I think it is a testament to how (un) dedicated our managers are if the team sheet thread has been up for more than a month and still not everyone has replied.
Thank you to those who have, you are an example to all the others.
So please, before you shut me out and slag me off, actullay think.

Blewy

DJellett said:

Dylan my reasons are in this Post

DJellett said:
If you knew it was going to happen, why didn't you say so in the first place?

The reason why the OC didn't work out is partially because of me, and I accept that.
However, it is also partly due to not enough commitment from managers.
I am not prepared to sit here and be slagged off by people I trusted, what's more in my own forum.
You just accepted that it is unfair that I'm left out.
I don't think people understand just how hard this is.
I slave behind the scenes, hours of brainstorming, typing, and all this juggled with 4 days of full time cricket a week and 1 day of full time Radio/TV.
That leaves me 2 days, Monday and Sunday, and I use up mostly whole days of those two working on this.
Everyone can point comparisions to WCC, and I know they will.
However, they have 8 or more staff to do almost equal jobs as 1 or 2 of us do.
I am outraged at a lot of people right now.
To be honest, I feel like I cannot trust anyone at CricketWeb anymore.
I think it is a testament to how (un) dedicated our managers are if the team sheet thread has been up for more than a month and still not everyone has replied.
Thank you to those who have, you are an example to all the others.
So please, before you shut me out and slag me off, actullay think.
You started this thing thinking it would be easy.. Thats disrespectful to people who actually run these games.. and im offended...
You then say that the main reason it didn't get running was due to "un-dedicated" managers, well from what i saw, no manager would want to stay dedicated to something that isn't run properly, and to add to this, un-dedicated isn't that what you did in WCC?? so its a bit hypocritical..
But most of all what i see, is a bit of a power trip...

This comment "I am not prepared to sit here and be slagged off by people I trusted, what's more in my own forum." says it all...

YOUR Forum??

From what i read in the forum info section it says "The world's only PBeM to decide the true Trans-Tasman champs!"

I'd like to question you started this game, with what experience?? Did you ask anyone for some info on the what to do's etc?? Someone with experience?? My main issue here is that you showed disrespect to all of the people who run PBeM's by starting one and not knowing what you were getting into.. 2 Days a week to have a life and run a PBeM, thats just laughable... The ammount of hours that needs to go into these things to get them started is ridiculous and you think you can do it in that time..

Sorry.. You were behind from the start...

DJellett

When I started it, I had 7 days a week.

The "my forum" commment was a cry for help, and I accept that although several others participate, I started it and I put the most hours into it.

I am considering placing this comp somewhere else, as clearly CW is just not trusting enough.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So now you decide to attack the whole site and not just people in here?

I admire what they're trying to do to salvage something from the mess it got into, but to now accuse the whole site of being untrustworthy?

Still, if you want to go elsewhere, try a similar thing and get a similar result, then who are we to stop you?

Cloete

Keep digging Dylan... this is just an outrage. This competition has been a shambles since it's inception, and the blam is sqaurely on one person. YOU!

Slats works his **** off for this competition, doing live drafts and stuff every night. But you just weren't dedicated enouhg and thoguht it would be easy. The quality of the sim is what makes dedication, it's no surprise there were so few managers that weren't dedicated.

Andre

DJellett said:
Promises.....Like when you promised us that this thing would get up and running when we gave you this forum? You were given more than ample time to get this thing off the ground, and all you've done is blame the managers. It's your responsability to shift them into gear.

You've failed to get this happening after months... I'm not surpised you've been left out of the organisation of the new competition (because you haven't shown you can organise it). You've only got yourself to blame here I'm afraid.

Hold on - and it's not your forum - it's Cricket Web's forum, unless I'm sadly mistaken. CW did you a favour and you threw it back in their face, and now you are rubbing it in. If you wish to go elsewhere, we won't stand in your way.

WCC has 8 board members because it was properly organised in the first place - it certainly didn't start with any more than you have. Tehir leader has just done his work properly...

And before you start on the 'time' thing, most of us work full time, play sport on our days off, organise other things, many members have partners and families, while others do things like coaching... So if you are pressed for time, it is because of poor time management.