• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any photoshop experts out there?

16 tins of Spam

I'm trying to create a little graphic for an informal "cricket club" I belong to, and basically I'm bastardising the New Zealand Coat of Arms (see below). I want to replace the "New Zealand" inside the parchment scroll with my own text. Anyone know how to do this?

The Foxtrot

that is a difficult process basically because of all the shading involved:

ummm...the only way i can think of is to cut out all the text (ie NEW ZEALAND), replace the shading and replace the text...

im not overly familar with all the tools in photoshop, being a year since i've had to do any serious designs. We recently reformatted, so i dont have photoshop on my computer so it is a little hard to direct you, but i'll try....

there are two ways to get rid of the text...
The first is to use the really fine eraser tool and just erase the text and the second is a tool that does it alot cleaner...i cant remember what they call it but what it does is you click on a part of the picutre and it will select everything in that part in that colour

The latter of these does the job neater than the eraser, however, complications can occur by it selecting more or less than the desire area, so just be careful there

repplacing the shading is easy, just get the eyedropper and click on the banner which haventbeen deleted, this will give you the same colour. The good thing about this particaular part is it doesnt really matter about getting the shading 100% right, because the text is suposed to stand out that it will blend in the background.

umm, replacing the text is where i can't help you because i would need the application open in front of me which i dont...

sorry about that and about being a little vague, but i hope it helps

16 tins of Spam

Thanks for that, although I should have pointed out that I've already done that bit, sorry :(

What I need to know is how to warp a line of text (or whatever) into the shape of the scroll.

The way to get text to warp to a certain shape is to create a path along the shape of the scroll and make your text layer align to it. This is a bit easier to do myself than explain it step by step, so here it is... :P

You should be able to edit the words inside the parchment scroll and have them align automatically.

Attachments