• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Being honest with the amount of time Patto misses would anyone expect him to last 3 tests anyway?
Well, no, but no one would've dared think that Harris could last back to back tests before the Ashes and he lasted four. Besides, the last three tests are over quite a long spread of time. Even if Patto could only play at Perth and Melbourne or Melbourne and Sydney it'd still be comfortably better than him not playing at all.

Spikey

I would say Lyon is just like MJ when it comes to comments fill of praise following a very short sample size.

but no-one cares cause mj is a **** and lyon is a Good New South Wales Boy

GuyFromLancs

This is just flat out rubbish.
Is it though? Flat out?

Broad, Bresnan, Swann, Tremlett and Finn have all taken wickets against Australia.

Broad has bowled you out single handedly twice. And when Bres and Trem last came in during 10/11, they were made to look like Ambrose and Waqar by your lads.

I get that Jimmy is the head of the attack - but every English bowler with any experience against you has had real success. Even Finn who was dropped after 2 tests.

GuyFromLancs

Yep a bunch of hot cock. First innings in 5 that he's got better figures than SOK, better organise a ****ing ticker tape parade.
You know, after years of seeing Warne and McGill, it is slightly strange and more than a bit satisfying to see you scratching around for little offys.

Debating about guys with bowling averages pushing 40. Good stuff!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Is it though? Flat out?

Broad, Bresnan, Swann, Tremlett and Finn have all taken wickets against Australia.

Broad has bowled you out single handedly twice. And when Bres and Trem last came in during 10/11, they were made to look like Ambrose and Waqar by your lads.

I get that Jimmy is the head of the attack - but every English bowler with any experience against you has had real success. Even Finn who was dropped after 2 tests.
Finn didn't really have success. He just bowled garbage and got a few jammy wickets because Australia targeted him. Australia have more bowlers than that who have taken wickets against England as well. Siddle and Pattinson have had success against England and better batting line ups, as have Johnson, Lyon and, to an extent, Hilfenhaus.

GuyFromLancs

Finn didn't really have success. He just bowled garbage and got a few jammy wickets because Australia targeted him. .
That says a lot about their batsmen.

Australia have more bowlers than that who have taken wickets against England as well. Siddle and Pattinson have had success against England and better batting line ups, as have Johnson, Lyon and, to an extent, Hilfenhaus
Johnson can have success against anyone - about 20% of the time. Hilf was good in 09 over here, and ineffective in Aus. Siddle I admire as a grafter with no great ability.

Lyon - well if Australian conditions blunt Swann, then Lyon won't stand a chance.

flibbertyjibber

Finn didn't really have success. He just bowled garbage and got a few jammy wickets because Australia targeted him. Australia have more bowlers than that who have taken wickets against England as well. Siddle and Pattinson have had success against England and better batting line ups, as have Johnson, Lyon and, to an extent, Hilfenhaus.
Getting a few wickets and winning matches is different though.

Do this Aussie side know how to win?

morgieb

That says a lot about their batsmen.

Johnson can have success against anyone - about 20% of the time. Hilf was good in 09 over here, and ineffective in Aus. Siddle I admire as a grafter with no great ability.

Lyon - well if Australian conditions blunt Swann, then Lyon won't stand a chance.
Actually, I'd argue we've played him better than most sides IMO.

Riggins

Is it though? Flat out?

Who do you think his team is ffs?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is it though? Flat out?

Yeah, I'm not Australian.