• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle Of The Beers

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Indeed, it'd be disgraceful is light beer crept its way into this thread.

It's like Amelie Mauresmo being in the Battle of the Hot Women thread. Sure, she's a woman, but she's also kinda a man.

bugssy

dontcloseyoureyes said:
Indeed, it'd be disgraceful is light beer crept its way into this thread.

It's like Amelie Mauresmo being in the Battle of the Hot Women thread. Sure, she's a woman, but she's also kinda a man.

aint that the truth

Mister Wright

bugssy said:
i ahve had way worse than fosters, thats for sure

try 4x (the qld beer)
I drink XXXX because I have to. But, XXXX Special Brew is a really nice drop. Have you tried that? If you haven't, I advise it.

bugssy

Mister Wright said:
I drink XXXX because I have to. But, XXXX Special Brew is a really nice drop. Have you tried that? If you haven't, I advise it.

i have not tried that but i will. i remember was with my ex and she had relos up in brisbane we where up on the gold coast so we went there for a bbq one day and he said lets have a few beers watch the cricket swim in his pool, i said sweet and he brings me a 4x. i said u got anything else and he said, mate this is qld, this is all we drink lol. i didnt like it but it was free so i drunk it lol.

Mister Wright

bugssy said:
i have not tried that but i will. i remember was with my ex and she had relos up in brisbane we where up on the gold coast so we went there for a bbq one day and he said lets have a few beers watch the cricket swim in his pool, i said sweet and he brings me a 4x. i said u got anything else and he said, mate this is qld, this is all we drink lol. i didnt like it but it was free so i drunk it lol.
It's kinda changed up here in the last few years, all we used to have was XXXX and VB to choose from unless you wanted to pay bucketloads for stuff out of the stubbie. No Qlder (or sane person for that matter) would ever drink VB so all we had was XXXX and we got used to it, while it wasn't the greatest beer it is far from the worst, Redback Bitter anyone? Now there is far more selection at around the same price with Carlton Draught my personal favourite and Tooheys new always goes down well.

bugssy

Mister Wright said:
It's kinda changed up here in the last few years, all we used to have was XXXX and VB to choose from unless you wanted to pay bucketloads for stuff out of the stubbie. No Qlder (or sane person for that matter) would ever drink VB so all we had was XXXX and we got used to it, while it wasn't the greatest beer it is far from the worst, Redback Bitter anyone? Now there is far more selection at around the same price with Carlton Draught my personal favourite and Tooheys new always goes down well.

i luv tooheys new and carlton draught

i hate vb with a passion, unless its free and nothing else to drink then and then will i only consider it lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
benchmark00 said:
At least you're 18 and have actually had a drink in your life, unlike a glorified rat and a 17 year old mummys boy.
TBF the beer I drank @ 17>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the the beer I drink now.

I'll nominate:

Green King IPA
Websters
Hoegaarden
Kronenbourg Blanc
Peroni

Veto Foster's. :sick:

benchmark00

BoyBrumby said:
TBF the beer I drank @ 17>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the the beer I drink now.

I'll nominate:

Green King IPA
Websters
Hoegaarden
Kronenbourg Blanc
Peroni

Veto Foster's. :sick:
And I'm sure the amount of beer that a 17 year old would be far greater than a 100 year old, struggling to get your point tbh.

Great Birtannia

Fosters is an export beer, never ever seen anyone drink it here.

I'm not a big beer connoisseur but Boags premium, Cascade draught and Carlton draught are my stapels.

superkingdave

For starters

Балтика (Balkita)
second Okocim
Zywiec
quite partial to a bit of Dark Mild now and again - maybe JW Lees GB Mild
Staropramen for sure

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mister Wright said:
Are lights allowed? Are they classified as real beers?
Yes, but only Windhoek light.. Because it's more proper than most of its competitors, and a real drinkers drink (not my words)

However, I guess only me, Goughy and Joanna would ever have had a Windy Corner..

Anyone here ever been to Bulgaria? I'm not a big beer drinker, but would be on something called Kamenitza if they sold it elsewhere..