• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the World Cup stars

fredfertang

I suppose it was always going to be Pele - but I'd still rather be voting for Bobby Moore - clear illustration of Brumbers integrity that he hasn't rigged this battle

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Has to be Ronaldo.

Had he not been injured, he'd be remembered as the greatest footballer there's ever been. Instead, he will have to settle for being the best of his generation. In my opinion, there has been no greater striker to grace a football pitch. He had everything - pace, power, finishing ability, and all the tricks players like Ronaldinho and Cristiano Ronaldo later were to become famous for.

Sadly, his injuries he suffered in Italy, as well as how he finished at Real have in my opinion made people forget just how ****ing good Ronaldo was in his prime. He was scarily good.

Plus, he can still allegedly maintain wood, which is another blemish on Pele.

Burgey

****ing joke. Bunch of jealous Anglo-hating ****s the lot of ya. Not got a World Cup between you, piss off

:ph34r:
Yours was a fluke. :p

Anyways, can anyone remember it? Loved the Carlsberg(?) ad in England with all the past heroes egging on your blokes. How they found 30 seconds' worth of Pommie sporting heroes to fill it is beyond me.

Though tbf one of the blokes in it is a darts player ffs :ph34r:

Edit: having said that, would have voted for Moore.

Pele will win this and gets my vote. But Ronaldo was a gun.

Moore deserves more (pun intended) credit though.

Last edited:

The Sean

grecian

Wow big surprise, TBH was as inevitable as Bradman winning a batsman comp.

Yet deserving winner, Maradona a cheat and Ronaldo was third best Brazilian in 02, IMHO, of course. Wouldn't of minded Zidane in the final if you had to go for a tiresome modern player.

Thanks for running it Brumbers:)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wow big surprise, TBH was as inevitable as Bradman winning a batsman comp.

Yet deserving winner, Maradona a cheat and Ronaldo was third best Brazilian in 02, IMHO, of course. Wouldn't of minded Zidane in the final if you had to go for a tiresome modern player.

Thanks for running it Brumbers:)
wot