• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* CWBCC Suspends Two Players

Mr Mxyzptlk

[More] *Breaking News*

Following appeals by Alex Blackman and Nick Borcich and intense discussions between the PA Rep and the CWBCC, both players in question have had their bans reduced significantly.

Blackman, initially announced to face a season-long ban, has had his punishment halved. He will now return for the third quarter of Season XII. His CW Black teammate, Nick Borcich will serve a quarter of a season. Neither player will be allowed to participate in official Development League warmups, but will be free to play club cricket.

Both players have stated their intentions to improve their behaviour, that the lengths of their bans be reduced. The CWBCC would like to thank all the parties involved in the appeal for their cooperation.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
A very welcomed outcome and a much fairer one. I'd just like to thank the CWBCC and the Players Rep Dan Towns for all taking an appeal seriously and keeping level heads of the situation at all times.

pasag

RTDAS
A victory for decency and common sense. Much of the credit here goes to Daniel Towns who did a fine job in the appeal.

Mr Mxyzptlk

superkingdave said:
Good decision.

It says the players are available for club cricket. What about grade?
Grade cricket has no bearing on Dev League cricket, so grade cricket is allowed.

Cloete

Good decision. Well done to Towns and well done to the CWBCC who took a common sense approach after an initially very harsh ban.

I have full confidence that both of the two players will come back with improved attitudes and hopefully improved cricketing abilities :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Still thought Kenny had the right idea, but I guess you can`t win everything.

...haha, jokes. Great work by Towns and the CWBCC to realise their initial error.

James90

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Neither player will be allowed to participate in official Development League warmups, but will be free to play club cricket.
So what's the deal with my suspension then? Available to play Dev League warmups? If not then really it's more than a three game suspension isn't it?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Considering that Dev League warmups are not FC or List-A matches, it technically is still a 3-game suspension.

That said, both you and Demeza will be allowed to play the warmups.

Also worth noting that the CWBCC does not consider the initial suspension length erroneous at all.

FaaipDeOiad

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Also worth noting that the CWBCC does not consider the initial suspension length erroneous at all.
Does that mean we should expect similar length sentences for abuse in the future? Probably something the PA members should know.

KennyD

Nnanden said:
Still thought Kenny had the right idea, but I guess you can`t win everything.

...haha, jokes. Great work by Towns and the CWBCC to realise their initial error.
We can win everything, and we will! Now that we have the bans halved, its obvious that we've got the CWBCC weakened. Its time now to rally together and get these bans reduced further. Half the season, poor Blackman.