• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CBD Oil

StephenZA

Anyone use it/have any experiences with it?
Never used it myself but my Father did try it for a short period of time. Unfortunately, unbeknown to him, his wife got a bottle that was extra pure, high strength (to reduce cost) and he took his normal dosage. Was high for the next 12 hours and never touched the stuff since.

Only scientifically confirmed uses for it I know of is in cancer treatment and for epilepsy. No other research has proven conclusive regards its effects for pain etc. And you need to get it from a reputable supplier that allows for an accurate dose, a lot of the stuff going around is unregulated and thus can have inconsistent dosage.

zorax

likes this
Is the science in support of that really that limited? I thought it was proven for pain treatment and muscle recovery. Then again, I only hear that from people paid to push it

StephenZA

Is the science in support of that really that limited? I thought it was proven for pain treatment and muscle recovery. Then again, I only hear that from people paid to push it
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-02524-5
https://ideas.ted.com/heres-the-truth-about-cbd-from-a-cannabis-researcher/

Due to decades of research restrictions in the US and growers’ focus on THC, there are very few human studies that look at CBD and its effects. The strongest evidence we have is that CBD can reduce the frequency of seizures in certain rare pediatric disorders — so much that a CBD-based drug called Epidiolex was FDA-approved in 2018 for this purpose. There is also preliminary human data from small clinical trials with dozens of subjects that suggests CBD may have the potential to be used for conditions like anxiety, schizophrenia, opioid addiction, and Parkinson’s disease. But please note that the participants in these studies generally received several hundreds of milligrams of CBD a day, meaning the 5mg to 25mg of CBD per serving in popular CBD products may likely be inadequate. And even if you took dozens of servings to reach the dosage used in these clinical trials, there is still no guarantee of benefit because of how preliminary these findings are.

But while there is a lack of concrete and conclusive evidence about CBD’s effects, there is considerable hope. Recent legislative changes around hemp and CBD in the US and across the world have enabled numerous human clinical trials to begin, investigating the use of CBD for conditions such as autism, chronic pain, mood disorders, alcohol use disorder, Crohn’s disease, graft-versus-host-disease, arthritis and cancer- and cancer-treatment-related side effects such as nausea, vomiting and pain. The results of these studies should become available over the next five years.