• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crowds

dro87

How many people go to a First class game in your country? How many go to a Test match or ODI?

Langeveldt

Soutie
dro87 said:
How many people go to a First class game in your country? How many go to a Test match or ODI?
First Class - 250? (Sometimes get more watching me at college)
Limited Overs Domestic - 4,500
Test Match and ODI - 10,000?

Think its similar in SA as well, but less for tests and more for ODI's

masterblaster

In Melbourne only a few handful go to see a Pura Cup FC match. If Victoria is playing with Shane Warne, a few thousand go.

In an ODI match of the VB Series, generally in January (especially if Australia is playing against a team like Pakistan or India) its generally about 72,000 + people in the MCG.

dro87

living in italy the biggest crowd i played 2 was 100 people (against MCC)... However i've been 2 london with my club and we watched the tewnty 20 clash between Surrey and middlesex... Looked like a sell out... at least 30'000 people is it possible?

Linda

Hmm I would say Perth FC very small maybe a couple of hundred, List A (ODD) about 5000. Test match maybe 15,000 on average a day. ODI sells out every year, so about 18 or 19,000.

Thats some pretty rough figures though, haha.

bugssy

in sydney a puracup match all depends on when and what stars are playing

one dayers a fair crowd, tests and odi plenty go

age_master

pura cup - 200

Pura cup newcastle - 3500

ING cup - 3-5000

ING cup telstra stadium - 20,000+

Test - got 160,000 last year i think, not sure about this, not as many

ODI - sellout at around 42,000

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Surrey-Middlesex game was the first domestic sell-out (at the Oval) since 1948, IIRC - was around 25,000.

James90

Pura Cup = 900 people
ING Cup = Never been
Test = 20000-35000
ODI = Hard to tell from just 1 washed out game

_Ed_

Here in Auckland:
FC 4 day - 50 if you're lucky
FC 1 day - 1000-2000
Test - 5,000-10,000
ODI - 20,000+ (apparently the 35,000 seats for tomorrow are pretty much sold out)

Mr Casson

Linda said:
Hmm I would say Perth FC very small maybe a couple of hundred, List A (ODD) about 5000. Test match maybe 15,000 on average a day. ODI sells out every year, so about 18 or 19,000.

Thats some pretty rough figures though, haha.
I thought the WACA did a touch over 25,000.

superkingdave

Old Trafford does about 18,000, Headingly about the same, so is Trent Bridge, Lords about 28,000 Oval about 22,000, Edgbaston about 20,000. All ground are solid for ODi's and pretty full for tests

Beleg

In Pakistan,

Multan - Sellout for ODI. Around 25000-30000 people. 10000/15000 people for a five-day test, even against India. FC games - FC Final, around 800-1000 I think. Regluar games - none except maybe the family members of the players.

Lahore - Day-nighters are hotly contested sell-outs. Near full for other ODI games. [Hardly any in recent years] 10000 for a five-day test. FC finals, around a thousand or so gather around (more if a famous player is playing and the weather is favourable). Regular games - same as Multan.

Karachi - Sellout ODI's with 35000 plus. [Except against Bangladesh/Zimbabwe] 3000-5000 people for a test match. [from a population of over 10 million, more people then 2 NZ's put-togather, IIRC] Can't really say anything about FC matches, but they'd hardly top 500.

Faisalabad - ODI would probably be a sellout. Nearly 20000 people. About 30000 I'd say for the last test played there which I remember. [Back on the English tour in 2000]

Rawalpindi - ODI's are usually sellouts. Around 20000-25000 people present counting in the adjacent roof hangers and convinent tree-tops. Test matches are more sparsely populated. I'd say 20000 people maximum. I believe the same would also apply to Peshawar.

[Disclaimer - Most of the figures are rought estimates either recalled from memory or based on ancedotal evidence]

andyc

the most ive seen here would be about 150-200 (all expats) during the shanghai international sixes when viv richards and doug walters were playing

Somerset

_Ed_ said:
Here in Auckland:
FC 4 day - 50 if you're lucky
FC 1 day - 1000-2000
Test - 5,000-10,000
ODI - 20,000+ (apparently the 35,000 seats for tomorrow are pretty much sold out)
1000-2000 for a One Day match...I'm sure the Outer Oval staff would be pleased with that. But 50 for a First Class match is, although appalling, very true.

Linda

Mr Casson said:
I thought the WACA did a touch over 25,000.
They say that, but even when they oversold all those tickets for the twenty20 in which people were so squashed in they had kids sitting just inside the ropes, it was only just over 20,000. I dont know where you'd fit in another 5,000 people!