• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW BT Cup 6

Scaly piscine

As for the other semi:

End of Over 27: 118-2, runrate=4.37, reqrunrate=7.91 (299-2)
Watkins 7-1-23-0
Greening* 61 (86 balls)
Jeffery 21 (19 balls)

Last Wicket: Staveley Run Out 24 (FOW: 85/2)

Kealeboga only bowled the one over so far, he's rubbish. So it's better for trev than it looks, can't imagine him not collapsing tho.

Scaly piscine

Whitehorne did his usual demolition job in the last 10 while Kealeboga kept getting smashed, Asterix XI winning by 65 runs. I'm somewhat baffled by Adam getting quality for his middle order...

Adamc

Whitehorne did his usual demolition job in the last 10 while Kealeboga kept getting smashed, Asterix XI winning by 65 runs. I'm somewhat baffled by Adam getting quality for his middle order...
Not exactly uncommon for the reporter's summary to be higher than the actual skills, the same is true of my top order and seam rating. My middle order was superb (virtually quality), quality, strong, strong.

Scaly piscine

Not exactly uncommon for the reporter's summary to be higher than the actual skills, the same is true of my top order and seam rating. My middle order was superb (virtually quality), quality, strong, strong.
Yes and they don't have great secondaries either.

Scaly piscine

Oh and it'd be good if Adam challenged me, I've got a limited number of logins at the moment and saving them for Friday.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Limited number of logins? Does that just mean you don't have much internet access this week?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Limited number of logins? Does that just mean you don't have much internet access this week?
Nah, he's on a temporary verge of bankruptcy. Bought a player off Ladbroke Rovers for an eight-digit sum.

(The game, of course, cares little for the fact that he's later sold off a bloke for half that.)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...so he's almost bankrupt, okay. I don't understand why he then can't login much? If you're almost bankrupt does it only give you few logins?

Scaly piscine

...so he's almost bankrupt, okay. I don't understand why he then can't login much? If you're almost bankrupt does it only give you few logins?
It limits you to 5 logins if your balance is below -350,000 or whatever it is on the economic updates, then you have to get the balance above that within the next week or you lose your club. I only went below it because the player I was buying was before the update and the player I was selling was after the update. I'm over +1m now.

Mahindinho

Currently sitting in a t'interweb cafe in Barbados, so can't really write much.

I've accepted Trev's challenge, for what I assume is the 3rd/4th play-off. Best set some orders!

BTW, I'm in Barbados for a hockey festival, of which we've now been knocked out -- after winning two and losing two, we got thrashed in our last match, 7-1 on the hallowed turf of the Kensington Oval itself. Not the first time a touring English side has been humiliated on that ground...

Scaly piscine

Final about to start. Withington looks in good shape to win the 3rd/4th play-off:

End of Over 27: 128-3, runrate=4.74, reqrunrate=5.74 (259-9)
John 4-0-13-1
Noon* 18 (29 balls)
Cash 9 (18 balls)

Last Wicket: Jeffery c. Hayward b. John 54 (FOW: 108/3)

Trev's best bats are out.

Scaly piscine

Adam's done a similar shuffling of the lineup to me, I won the toss and bowled first. Pace has taken out Richardson in the first over, 1-1 after 0.5.

Scaly piscine

No wickets in a million years mode kicks in as always. Slow bowlers don't seem to be doing that well on this slow pitch.

End of Over 28: 129-3, runrate=4.61
Patel 4-1-18-0
Ashton* 60 (69 balls)
Watkins 58 (74 balls)

Last Wicket: Whitehorne Run Out 9 (FOW: 18/3)

Scaly piscine

End of Over 41: 191-4, runrate=4.66
Summers 6-0-23-1
Cuss* 13 (16 balls)
Watkins 98 (120 balls)

Last Wicket: Ashton c. Armstrong b. Dillon 66 (FOW: 150/4)

Cuss just departed tho off Patel's penultimate over, just Watkins and fillers & bowlers left.

End of Over 42: 198-5, runrate=4.71
Patel 9-1-49-1
Osman* 2 (2 balls)
Watkins 103 (122 balls)

Last Wicket: Cuss b. Patel 13 (FOW: 191/5)