• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Football Youth Development Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnners

i think today's round proved that these fowards won't become completely useless... i had 6 shots on goal, no i didn't score, but i'm starting to get more & more shots each game as my shooting ability is increasing.

chaminda_00

i think today's round proved that these fowards won't become completely useless... i had 6 shots on goal, no i didn't score, but i'm starting to get more & more shots each game as my shooting ability is increasing.
You can have as many shots on goal as you want, but unless you have high shotting your not going to find the back of the net with quality of keeper we have going around. Case in point Mamesh 51 shots on goal this season and only 6 goals. His clearly had the service from our midfield, but cus goal keeper stopping is so much better then his shotting his probably never going to find the back of the net regularly. The situation is going to get worse if defenders improve faster.

EDIT: Or Matt Currie 49 shots for 5 goals, note 3 of those goals where against a 20 keeper. Also 2 of Mamesh's goals were against a 19 keeper.

Last edited:

Johnners

i must apolgise as i think i've been mistunderstanding you :ph34r: I was taking it that you're reasoning behind the younger fowards not being able to score the goals was due to the defenders current ability, and not the keepers (mis-read i did, :shy:)

I do agree that the Keepers are increasing their skills far to much (averaging around 300-400 a match) and thats disadvantaging the fowards, however, as i was saying earlier, i don't think the Defenders are increasing to quick.

chaminda_00

Yeah defenders ATM don't increase faster, but they will if changes are put in place so key tackles are worth more. I do think thats is a good move, due to the large amount time they spend off the field with suspensions. But something needs to be done to help young forwards with low shotting. Really there is only four forwards dominating the league and the other forwards shouldn't be put at massive disadvantage just cus of four players. Simply put these other forwards should be given the chance to increase their shotting stats by more then just 1 or 2 points, as they are already a long way behind the goal keepers in the league. And maybe keeper shouldn't be able to improve so fast.

Goughy

Keepers no longer able to attend the Academy

In a telephone conversation today, Terry Butcher informed CWFA that his goalkeeping coach was no longer available for the arranged dates.

He stated that, "Mark Bosnich has been involved with something that we really dont want to talk about and as such he will not be able to attend"

This unfortunately means there will be no places for keepers at the Academy.

(hopefully this will stop their stats increasing too quickly and give others a chance to catch up with them and the older forwards).

chaminda_00

In a telephone conversation today, Terry Butcher informed CWFA that his goalkeeping coach was no longer available for the arranged dates.

He stated that, "Mark Bosnich has been involved with something that we really dont want to talk about and as such he will not be able to attend"

(hopefully this will stop their stats increasing too quickly and give others a chance to catch up with them and the older forwards).
Hmm what about young forwards who can't scores goal in the league, will they be able to increase their point by more?

Also if you want to reduce the improvement of goal keeper just reduce the point they get for saves...

Goughy

Just to address a couple of questions.

During the time of the Academy (between round 15 and 16 ie after the next game) players must post a minimum of once in this thread.

One post signifies attendance and gives the bonuses.

It isnt 1 attribute point per post.

also

Points gained during the Academy cannot all be spent on the same attribute. They must be shared round (at least a little).

Under 21- 5 pts to be shared around across attributes.

Above is what is needed to be done so I would like my points to be spread out like this.

4 on passing and 1 on shooting.

One other question are we planning on doing this academy every season?

Travis_Teh

Is this open yet?

As a 23 year old I would love to attend and work on my tackling (2 points) and some ball work (1 passing).

Look forward to working with Terry Butcher, too. Been around the traps, that guy.

33/3from3.3

Hiya guys, thanks for this opportunity to train blah blah blah.

As an Under-21 player i'd like 3 points on my passing and 2 points on my tackling. That's all coach, cheers for your time.

andyc

:-O

Not our fault everyone else is crap...

:ph34r:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just to address a couple of questions.

During the time of the Academy (between round 15 and 16 ie after the next game) players must post a minimum of once in this thread.

One post signifies attendance and gives the bonuses.

It isnt 1 attribute point per post.

also

Points gained during the Academy cannot all be spent on the same attribute. They must be shared round (at least a little).
So I can only put one point on shooting and one point on passing or something? kkkkkk

Dizzy #4

WHAT? That's crap! The boost would've been vital for all us keepers!

Oh well, When the time comes, I'm getting a claim on 4 Tackle Points and my last one to improve my passing

Last edited:

Goughy

So I can only put one point on shooting and one point on passing or something? kkkkkk
Not quite sure what you mean.

You can put upto the max for each attribute. It generally means most will have to spread it around (but mainly adding to 1 attribute) but if you can do it without going over the max increase for a particular attribute then thats fine.

chaminda_00

Not quite sure what you mean.

You can put upto the max for each attribute. It generally means most will have to spread it around (but mainly adding to 1 attribute) but if you can do it without going over the max increase for a particular attribute then thats fine.
I think he is refering to the fact that 21 to 24yo forwards can only increase their shotting by 1 pt. So his forced to put two points on secondary skill, which will be basically useless in this sim.

EDIT: Maybe not

new_age_ar

I guess this is better then nothing, but seriously why are all the other forwards in the league getting stuffed cus four forwards are dominating the league. Haven't you guys noticed majority of the forwards can't score any goal at all.

I might as well turn myself into a midfielder, as it seems there no chance of becoming a good forward with these guildelines. I hope you guys do change the max points for shots or well just end up having a league where majority of forwards can't score a goal. The gap between Fury, Swell and Western will just increase and well just have a really boring league.

Status
Not open for further replies.