• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dexies/Adderall

Ikki

Ok guys, give me your opinions on the study drug. I am currently thinking of taking some as I have oncoming assessments for which I am not well prepared for at all - at least in my mind. I also know lots of people who use it and swear by it. A close friend of mine basically credits her HD (high distinction) grades to it. I also read some negative stuff about it but I am not sure how to take it all.

What do you guys think? I don't plan on abusing it but I guess no one plans on that. I just want to get through these assessments which I am worried about. Any advice?

PhoenixFire

Obviously a bit late now, but would have advised you take it when you aren't under any pressure of anything and seeing how you react. Wouldn't really recommend taking anything like this when you are in an important situation if you don't know how it's going to affect you. Last thing you want it to give you a bad reaction and then screwing you over for your exams.

That said, I'm someone who definitely think drugs can have a lot of positive things about them, so I think it's worth trying if you think it might help you.

G.I.Joe

Obviously a bit late now, but would have advised you take it when you aren't under any pressure of anything and seeing how you react. Wouldn't really recommend taking anything like this when you are in an important situation if you don't know how it's going to affect you. Last thing you want it to give you a bad reaction and then screwing you over for your exams.

That said, I'm someone who definitely think drugs can have a lot of positive things about them, so I think it's worth trying if you think it might help you.
Yeah, this.

Ikki

Thanks. Well, what do you consider not under pressure? I have about 10 days till my assessments begin so I guess I could try it out.

Usually I wouldn't consider such a thing as I am generally well-prepared - well, enough so in my mind. However, this semester I have taken an extra unit and I had some personal stuff which hampered me quite a bit for a few weeks so I am thinking I might do it. Generally, and surprisingly, a lot of people I've asked use it. And here I was studying naturally LOL.

What I wanted to know is if anyone has used them, how well they worked and are the side-effects significant enough for me to stay away from it. I've generally heard that if you don't abuse it you'll be fine. Then you read online and there are some horror stories where people have gotten really dependent on it.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Should probably point out here that dextroamphetamine is a Class B controlled substance in the UK and CW has a policy about not encouraging illegal activity, does it not? :unsure:

Valer

Educational purposes :ph34r: fair enough, delete I guess!
You were only suggesting this with a script from a "medical professional" right?

Don't use have been tempted to however. Heard positive reports. 10 days is borderline fwiw on a trial IME with prescribed drugs for mental issues.

Burgey

Ikki, if by some horrible happenstance the drug has a permanent, deleterious effect on your health which renders you disabled, you won't mind if it gets advertised around so people know not to use it, will you?

I mean, rather that than have it regulated and all...

fredfertang

I consumed a narcotic substance during my finals, which certainly helped me in a variety of ways - the Burgey/Ikki activity wasn't one of them though