• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Documentary Help

Natman20

If anyone has any ideas for a documentary to be made in NZ it would be awesome if you could share it here! I need to pitch and idea this avo! Time now is 8.47 am.

Smudge

So what you want to do is steal someone else's idea and pass it off as your own? Interesting.

How about a documentary on the theft of intellectual property. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
How about the Kiwi diaspora? Read somewhere there are over 7 million NZ passport holders, but just over 4 million actual residents.

Could touch on who's gone, why, likelihood of return, etc, etc.

Natman20

So what you want to do is steal someone else's idea and pass it off as your own? Interesting.

How about a documentary on the theft of intellectual property. :p
Well most documentary makers get their ideas from talking to people. Social links between people is often how you end up with a great story and great characters. Seeing as my attempt to find that through conversation has failed and time is running short, yes I am trying to get some ideas, not necessarily make a documentary on what people here say but maybe expand my looking area or ways of finding the story. :laugh::laugh:

Natman20

How about the Kiwi diaspora? Read somewhere there are over 7 million NZ passport holders, but just over 4 million actual residents.

Could touch on who's gone, why, likelihood of return, etc, etc.
Thats a pretty good idea. If i expanded on that and researched i'm sure i'll find some interesting information on that, I think I heard somewhere that a lot of former NZ students who have done their big OE are returning because of something to do with the recession .... interesting.

Burgey

The incredible amount of major dental work Kiwis have done.

Or is that just the accent? :p

Brumbers idea sounds a good 'un though.