• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does this info means anything??

wahindiawah

Banned
A young friend of mine, who absolutely loves cricket and its statistics, has presented me with this piece of gobbledegook.

If sundries (including no balls and wides) are disregarded and you simply divide the total number of overs bowled by each side into the number of runs scored against them off the bat, the economy rates are as follows:

1 . . .India. . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.86
2 . . .England . . . . . . . . . . .3.97
3 . . .Australia. . . . . . . . . . .4.07
4 . . .Sri Lanka . . . . . . . . . ,4.18
5 . . .Kenya. . . . . . . . . . . . 4.29
6 . . .South Africa . . . . . . . .4.35
7 . . .West Indies. . . . . . . . .4.49
8 . . .Zimbabwe. . . . . . . . . .4.60
9 . . .New Zealand . . . . . . . 4.74
10 . .Bangladesh . . . . . . . . 4.91
11 . .Pakistan. . . . . . . . . . .5.10
11 . .Holland. . . . . . . . . . . .5.10
13 . .Canada . . . . . . . . . . .5.72
14 . .Namibia. . . . . . . . . . . 5.86

I don’t know what it proves except that it is interesting that India, reputed to have a weak attack, heads the list and Pakistan is down amongst the minnows!

Tim

Well theres no surprise that NZ is way down that list, their disclipline has been pathetic in this World Cup. On average they're conceeding 15+ extras a match which is 8 too many.

If they get it right then they could be a handful in the Super 6.

Gotchya

By that count who is second ?

Pakistan had their most horrible Cup, no amount of stats could ever quantify it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Well theres no surprise that NZ is way down that list, their disclipline has been pathetic in this World Cup. On average they're conceeding 15+ extras a match which is 8 too many.
But this is discounting extras.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Although I can see an argument for removing Leg Byes and possibly Byes, but why are no balls and wides removed from this consideration - they are surely indications of poor bowling?