• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Don't get too cocky.............

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Scmods said:
Exactly, and now I'm getting mine back. It's a very simple system. Whoever wins gets to gloat.

Yeah. But you're still not being graceful.

Disgrace, IMO. :sleep:

Barney Rubble

Scmods said:
Why be graceful? It's no fun.
The only thing you're doing at the moment is making yourself look like a bit of a tool, because unlike you said a minute ago, most English fans (those that actually knew what they were talking about, anyway) didn't think we had much of a prayer in this series, and many have actually been predicting 5-0. Gloating doesn't really work when the opposition can reply with "see, told you, we're terrible."

Gloating over us like you're doing is akin to gloating over beating Bangladesh.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Barney Rubble said:
Gloating over us like you're doing is akin to gloating over beating Bangladesh.
I agree with everything you say until here. The English basically created the game, and have been playing competively with Australia for well over 100 years. Your analogy is a little off the mark IMO.

Barney Rubble

dontcloseyoureyes said:
I agree with everything you say until here. The English basically created the game, and have been playing competively with Australia for well over 100 years. Your analogy is a little off the mark IMO.
Yeah, you're probably right. I did delete the last bit once and then put it back in again for effect. I guess the majority of gloating occurs because of the rivalry - you guys don't gloat over beating India or the West Indies or whoever, after all.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Scmods said:
Bitter? Why would I be bitter? We were beaten by a better team at the time, our injuries didn't help but they out stratagised us and outplayed us. I did however predict before the series that we'd win easily. When England won I got bagged from pillar to post, I'm merely repaying the favour, both here and on other forums and to my Pommy mates. I'm not bitter at all :D
Dude, what are you doing? According to your profile you only joined in March 2006 - so you weren't even active here in 2005 to get bagged "from pillar to post"...

Scmods said:
He's in denial. Soon he'll run off and watch footage of the 2005 Ashes and the 1981 Ashes. Where are the MBEs now? The knighthoods? The parades?

And you're the rightful owners are you? Strange, my avatar seems to disagree... Last time I checked 3-0 meant we were the owners, both of the Ashes and of the England cricket team.
Good post Scmods.

Ban Phoenix fire for being a flaming troll.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The team I go for won something, now I can be a disgraceful human being.

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

PhoenixFire

Jesus people. Sure it's not the most intelligent thread ever, and pretty lame looking back on it, I can think of 100 things that are more worthy of being banned than this. And if this place isn't for taking the piss out of each other (English and Australians), then were is?

PhoenixFire

And by rightful owners, I meant they really were ours, and live in our country, but don't take it too literally.

And Scmods, have you seen the tripe that has been posted by BLE on the CC board??