• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England World Cup Side Named (Football)

James

Cricket Web Owner
What does everyone think?

Full squad

Goalkeepers: David Seaman, Nigel Martyn, David James

Defenders: Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, Gareth Southgate, Danny Mills, Wes Brown, Wayne Bridge, Martin Keown

Midfielders: Owen Hargreaves, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, David Beckham, Kieron Dyer, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole

Forwards: Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen, Emile Heskey, Teddy Sheringham, Darius Vassell

Standby: Danny Murphy
I wouldn't make any changes actually. Perfect squad :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
england have a really good side ( hoepfully ) this worldcup

i support brazil but i always knw in the back of my mind that england could win too

Tim

Its definately not a side that will go all the way when you look at the likes of Italy & France who have quality all through the squad.

I don't think France will be able to defend the cup, I think the Italian team looks really good if they don't screw up in the semi's.

Anon2

I think we are all building England's hopes up far too much. Compared to France and Argentina, we don't have a chance.

Anon2

They'll be making France into a Test playing nation soon, just so England have somebody to beat.

Anon2

Did you see England vs Cameroon? 2-2 draw. How can people think we are going to win the World Cup if we can't beat Cameroon? We were outplayed the whole game as well! That's just what it's going to be like against Nigeria, apart from the fact that Nigeria are better! I like Cameroon's shirts though!

All you people from Australia and New Zealand, who you going to support in the World Cup? Australia were unlucky not to get there.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Far too early for me... They're only friendlies after all, France only scraped past Korea 3-2 (Leboeuf last minute winner!), and Sweden drew 1-1 with Japan. As long as Emile Heskey doesn't play then we'll be fine, second round then out to France on penalties :cry:

Tim

Im still thinking either Italy or Argentina.

if Beckham doesn't play, England are screwed.
If Zidane doesn't play a couple of games for France, they might just suffer too.

Spain are actually shaping up nicely, but I still can't go past Italy or Argentina who have had good build-ups.