• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Explain your avatar/or username

16 tins of Spam

I'm often curious as to exactly what people were thinking when they chose their username, in particular. For those who want to, tell us all what your username actually means, and while you're at it, what/who/where/etc your avatar is. I'll go first, seeing as it's my thread.

I'm always really bad at choosing usernames for anything, but at the time I was signing up I was thinking of the old Monty Python game for the Amiga. It was a platform game, and if you managed to collect sixteen of the little tins of spam hidden about each levels, you got a bonus of some kind. The Spam - Monty Python connection is obvious, but why you had to collect sixteen of the tins is a mystery.

Anyway, it's a lame username, and I've wished I could change it about a hundred times since.

My avatar is Calvin of Calvin & Hobbes fame, in the guise of one of his many alter-egos, Spaceman Spiff.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I love the Calvin and Hobbes stuff you've got going, used to love those comics.

I've got Superted, because he's Superted.

Matteh

Matteh - my name is Mathew, but Mateh looks lame so i have to add the second t anyway.

Avatar - I lost an Avatar challenge, but i can change it now. :cool:

pasag

RTDAS
My avatar up until a day ago was from The Phantom, a gun comic I used to love when I was a kid. Will go back to it after Warning is over. (Haha, see what I did there).

The username is random letters on the keyboard, although it could have been worse.

andyc

Andyc- Fairly self explanatory. First name plus initial of last name (see AdamC)
Avatar- Meh, it looked funny. I'd change it, but I fear it's the only way people recognise me :(

Matteh

andyc said:
Andyc- Fairly self explanatory. First name plus initial of last name (see AdamC)
Avatar- Meh, it looked funny. I'd change it, but I fear it's the only way people recognise me :(
Make it the picture of your morphed face IMO.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My username was originally "jesushatesyou" but James deemed it too offensive. and changed it to my email, which is dontcloseyoureyes. The Don't Close Your Eyes thing comes from my favourite band, Parkway Drive, who released an EP titled "Don't Close Your Eyes" in 2004.

The avatar really explains itself. City 'till I die.

Kweek

Kweek
nickname in games when I was like 11....comes from kweekerij

asterix...
asterix is just uber cool.

GotSpin

Username: I used to be a fairly good ortho left armer

Avatar: Changed it to this current one after i was (unfairly) banned for a week. It can also apply to many other things, such as old posters leaving and many of the older Australian cricketers calling it quits

16 tins of Spam

pasag said:
The username is random letters on the keyboard, although it could have been worse.
Actually, yours was one of the ones I was most curious about. A disappointing explanation, I have to say :p

Vic: ever considered Spotty?

ash chaulk

i wasnt creative enough so i just wrote my name

supporting chick cricketers is my avatar for the time being.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
16 tins of Spam said:
Actually, yours was one of the ones I was most curious about. A disappointing explanation, I have to say :p

Vic: ever considered Spotty?
Yeah, one of the ones I was going to have had them both in it. But, TBH, Spotty is to Superted what MacGill is to Warne.