• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FTA Televising of the World Cup

cameeel

Does anyone know what the situation is as far as the World Cup being shown in Australia goes?

Nine televised it last time, but as far as I know they don't have the rights this time around, so if anyone knows it would be much appreciated.

pasag

RTDAS
Something I have wanted to know as well. They haven't advertised it at all which is understandable seeing as it wont rate late at night, but from memory they haven't even brought it up during the cricket commentary. Doesn't mean that much though.

On a side note, they said on ABC radio that they would cover every Australia game and the finals except for one Vs Holland.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fox Sports have full exclusive rights to the WC.

I saw it advertised last night.

pasag

RTDAS
Just checked the Foxtel site, says they will show every game of the World Cup live which is cool, but if FTA don't show the at least the Australian games it would be dire for cricket fans without Foxtel, which I suppose there are many.

howardj

I'm betting that, at a minimum, Nine would take a feed from Foxtel, for at least the Semi-final and Final (if we make it).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just checked the Foxtel site, says they will show every game of the World Cup live which is cool, but if FTA don't show the at least the Australian games it would be dire for cricket fans without Foxtel, which I suppose there are many.
Is that pay-TV? The whole WC's on pay-TV over here. Beeb do have highlights mind you.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fox is about the closest Aus have to BSkyB IIRR - though I'm not sure it's a Murdoch company.