• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

flibbertyjibber

Oh well we may as well play Shahzad and Anderson then to give them some practice in case they are needed as a last minute replacement.

King Pietersen

Ravi to score a 50 ball century to win England the game.

Actually liking the fact we're bowling first. I don't trust this line-up without KP to make a competitive total first up. So knowing what we've got to chase is a real help. Just hoping Kieswetter and Lumb get a score each and find some form. Could do with Colly getting a few too.

Faisal1985

First sign of NZ win, won the toss and elected to bat first...without KP anything above 140 is a tough chase on this pitch.

GGG

Hopkins still in the team, *sigh* so the selectors think he is the best batsman out of Guptil, Nichol or Oram, unbelievable.

Jayzamann

I don't know what to think about cricinfo displaying a career strike rate instead of an average. Sure, career strike rate is more relevant in t20, but I am a creature of habit.

ed: oh, and bowling economies as well.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know what to think about cricinfo displaying a career strike rate instead of an average. Sure, career strike rate is more relevant in t20, but I am a creature of habit.
You'd think average would be more relevant than high score in any rate.

Jayzamann

You'd think average would be more relevant than high score in any rate.
That's true as well. I'd rather a player consistently chip in 30-40 in a game and get out hitting out than someone who consistently fails but clicks every now and again. Or at least not have a batting lineup full of one type over the other.

Zinzan

Abysmal shot by Jesse, with his talent he'd do much better to just watch the ball & hit it rather than the dinky shots

social

Abysmal shot by Jesse, with his talent he'd do much better to just watch the ball & hit it rather than the dinky shots
Agree

He should watch Watson play as he's proof that you dont need the scoops, dinks, reverse sweeps etc to score at a rate of knots