• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Halsey's Rap Ratings

Tom Halsey

I feel like doing something like this.

Here is what I will be rating them on:

Rhyming: This should explain itself
Beat: How good the background music is. It so often makes or breaks a song
Hook: Alot of rappers can't do hooks for some reason, yet it is still important to a song
Story: Rap is alot more about stories than any other form of music, and they have alot of meaning - even gangsta rap.

Right, first song.

Artist: 2Pac
Song: Changes

Rhyming: 9/10. All 2Pac's songs rhymed all the way through, and would have 10/10, but they are simple, and so this only gets a 9.
Beat: 7/10. To be fair, I'm not a great fan of this beat. Dunno why.
Hook: 5/10. This is the single worst part of the song. I wish this part was better!
Story: 10/10. This really has a story to tell. The timing of this song aswell, being released just after he died.
Overall: 31/40. This is a great song, one of my favourites. Weird that it came out so low on the ratings.

Second song.

Artist: D12
Song: Fight Music

Rhyming: 9/10. As is the case with any D12 song, it all rhymes really well.
Beat: 10/10. It is a Dr. Dre beat. Enough said.
Hook: 9/10. Eminem really has a knack for doing hooks. They are all really catchy. A bit too much swearing in this one takes the edge off it though.
Story: 4/10. No real story in this. Its just about fighting. Also the timing of when
Overall: 32/40. Great song ion itself, but would have been better with a story.

Tom Halsey

roseboy64 said:
What about D12's 'My Band'?
OK...

Artist: D12
Song: My Band

Rhyming: 8/10. This doesn't rhyme greatly, but it isn't bad.
Beat: 8/10. I don't know who made this beat, Dre, Eminem, or Kon Artis. It's pretty good though.
Hook: 8/10. Yup, good hook, not much else to say though really.
Story: 10/10. Very funny, and it takes some guts to take the **** out of yourself in public. A gamble, but it came off.
Overall: 34/40. A very good song, and funny. I wouldn't rate it up with my very favourites though.

Artist: N.W.A.
Song: Straight Outta Compton

Rhyming: 10/10. Truly exceptional.
Beat: 10/10. It is VERY catchy. But then again it is a Dre beat, what do you expect.
Hook: 9/10. Not much of it, but it is very catchy.
Story: 8/10. This is basically abut them, and the fact that they are straight out of Compton.
Overall: 37/40. As I expected, very high. One of my all time favourites.

Tom Halsey

blackcapsrule said:
Ok, 50 Cent- If I Can't
OK...

Artist: 50 Cent
Song: If I Can't

Rhyming: 8/10. Very good. The clean version's flow is hampered by all the cuts though.
Beat: 10/10. Dr. Dre at his absolute best. Legend. I think my favourite beat, maybe apart from Lose Yourself.
Hook: 9/10. This is soooooo catchy. Infact make the nine a ten.
Story: 8/10. Not exactly legend, though.
Overall: 35/40. Yep, I like this song. I don't think it is one of my all time favourites though.

Artist: Dr. Dre
Song: Still D.R.E.

Rhyming: 8/10. I don't think this is stunning. But in places the rhyming is catchy.
Beat: 9/10. When I first heard it, I wasn't over-impressed, considering this is a Dre beat. But over time, it has gradually grown on me.
Hook: 7/10. I like the Snoop Dogg bit, but the Dre bit isn't great.
Story: 8/10. If story is what you're after, you'll be disappointed by 2001. It's basically 'I'm back!' But just for a single, you can live with it.
Overall: 32/40. One of my all time favourite artists, but I don't think this is a great song.

Mister Wright

Mr. Ponting said:
Can't stand rap. Rubbish. Prefer real music like rock.

But that's just my opinion:)
How could you not like rap?

I mean, rap is so inspirational, when they rap about gangland shootings, hate, death, rape and other very uplifting human emotions and actions.

Mister Wright

ash chaulk said:
hey some of that mentioned is in punk, metal, hard **** i mean rock and stuff too
punk = crap
metal = terrible
I've never heard of a style of music called 'hard 4 asterix'

Of course some of that stuff is included in rock, but not the majority of rock songs.

ash chaulk

lol it was ment to be C()|<

plus do you believe rap is different to Hip Hop.... cos hip hop is also funky stuff like black eyed peas.. which is not about evil stuff... Plus david hassellhoffs tryna become a rapper hes calling himself David to the Hasel - Hoff.... LOL... how gay