• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has anyone come across Astral Projection?

centurymaker

So has anyone here ever heard of a thing called Astral Projection, which basically refers to you 'consciously' leaving your Physical body? :)

centurymaker

Well, I have had conscious out-of-body experiences in the past, although they were very brief due to fear of the unknown.

The astral body is weightless and very hard to consciously move into through meditation after letting go the physical one.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't mean to minimize your subjective experience, but objectively speaking, there is no evidence for any of it.

centurymaker

Well there can NEVER be any physical evidence. Because that Astral plane has no connection whatsoever with the physical plane, although it is basically just super-imposed on top of this one and extends well beyond. You just have to experience it yourself or you just never really believe it.

I didn't believe in anything either but I guess certain exceptional experiences have turned me around in a big way. Maybe I should tell you about my oneness experience which was just surreal :D This sums it up I suppose-

waves.jpg

Hurricane

Please tell me in detail about your experiences centurymaker I am highly interested in this field. Have you left your body?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well there can NEVER be any physical evidence. Because that Astral plane has no connection whatsoever with the physical plane, although it is basically just super-imposed on top of this one and extends well beyond. You just have to experience it yourself or you just never really believe it.

I didn't believe in anything either but I guess certain exceptional experiences have turned me around in a big way. Maybe I should tell you about my oneness experience which was just surreal :D This sums it up I suppose-

View attachment 21059
That's the rub isn't it? People can believe all sorts of things subjectively. When someone is actively in psychosis, they truly believe their delusions. It's not a matter of it not being true. When your brain is deprived of oxygen or is under the influence of certain substances, it sees and hears things that are absolutely indistinguishable from 'reality'.

As for physical proof, sure you can. Have an experiment where someone in another room is writing random numbers in a board and you have to guess them from somewhere else.

Hurricane

If it encourages you to open up I will talk a bit about my knowledge of it. I am not convinced that one actually physically leaves the body. But I am convinced you can have the experience of leaving your body by your mind giving you that illusion in a very powerful and convincing manner. There must be what 10 thousand books on this topic and millions of first hand accounts of having done it. Some people who believe in it are very average joes btw.

To be able to do it you need to be able to meditate. Most people think they can meditate but they have no idea how to and really are just doing relaxing and breathing exercises.

Hurricane

Well this thread is a bit of a tease/fizzler, unless you have gone to bed. I will check in again tomorrow.

Cheers

centurymaker

I am serious you said earlier in the thread that you have had some experiences so I would like to heard about them.
Sweet :)

I'll tell you about the one I had just very recently where I didn't have any intention to leave and it didn't last long at all. I went to sleep and had lost awareness (i.e. had fallen asleep), when all of a sudden my mind woke up and I experienced my astral body leaving my physical body. I was about 2 metres up in the air (absolutely weighless) and out of some subconcious fear + sudden shock of experiencing this transition, I stopped rising and a few seconds later descended back into physical body. I remained 100% still for about 30 secs afterwards in hope of going up again but didn't happen. I guess my mind was at the time just toooo awake. You basically have to have your body completely asleep/frozen without any tensed muscles, and your mind has to be half-asleep as a result of you being in a rather deepish meditative state. Only then does the astral body start to rise. Once it's out, you control it with you mind. Your thoughts guide it. If you think of Sweden, you go to Sweden. If you think of someone you know, you'll go to that person. You can become anyone or anything you like. Create whatever you wish. There's zero limitation.

Since I have been doing a lot of meditation for the past 7 months, my mind is able to pick up on the subtle changes a lot better, so I guess it somehow realized the transition that time and woke me up as it unfolded. Well, we actually go out of physical body everytime we go to sleep, but it happens unconsciously and our mind is trained to forget it anyway. Many times I have even consciously experienced my astral body slowly dissolve into the physical body right after returning from a dream. Basically, when you are dreaming, it is your astral body 'playing out' the memories from your mind in the astral/mental plane. Once while I was dreaming, I realized it was just a dream and that I was in my astral body and very quickly I was flown at incredible speed down into my room and into my physical body.

It's Time To Wake Up - We Are All One - YouTube
A bit of a scentific explanation into our inherent oneness (we are one consciousness/awareness/energy/force/vibration/frequency).

Oneness experience-
I was doing chant meditating and I was quite absorbed in it, then my mind became quite almost non-existent & all of a sudden, I was just pure consciousness/awareness and I could see everything around me as a PART OF ME :D (while being in that meditative state). I felt one with trees, air, plants, and even the neighbours who were inside their own house :D We were all one :) and I was crying like a little child due great emotion and LOVE :D Moreover, I was slowly expanding and my oneness was growing but right at the peak of it, my Dad knocked on my door & broke me out of that once in a lifetime sort of experience I was having.

Some people experience onesness with the entire Earth, some even expand as much as the whole universe! :) Mine was cut-short :( We are all just one consciousness fundamentally but we are separated due to the mind-barrier and therefore having individual experiences in this manifested world. This actor (Jim carrey) had a sort of a similar oneness experience to mine :)-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJHJzDQcRM&t=1m20s

Last edited:

centurymaker

That's the rub isn't it? People can believe all sorts of things subjectively. When someone is actively in psychosis, they truly believe their delusions. It's not a matter of it not being true. When your brain is deprived of oxygen or is under the influence of certain substances, it sees and hears things that are absolutely indistinguishable from 'reality'.

As for physical proof, sure you can. Have an experiment where someone in another room is writing random numbers in a board and you have to guess them from somewhere else.
One day I hope to be able to do something like that. Just give me 6 months, just to be on the safe side. (I am going overseas soon for a relatively long period). Actually I had never felt my astral body before I had my spiritual awakening. But since then, I have experienced it almost once a week in one way or another, intentionally or accidently.

Btw I don't drink nor do I take drugs. Don't really consume items with caffeine in them either.

That other time (which I talked about) when I was 2 metres up, I could hear our refrigerator making a lot of noise (as it sometimes does). That probably put me off a bit as well. I had already had 6+ hrs of sleep before I woke up & went to sleep again, and that's when it happened. I actually became pretty alert to even the tiniest bit of sounds (birds chirping outside, etc.).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Do you think it says something that no one has yet been able to do that despite tens of thousands, at least, having these experiences?

centurymaker

If it encourages you to open up I will talk a bit about my knowledge of it. I am not convinced that one actually physically leaves the body. But I am convinced you can have the experience of leaving your body by your mind giving you that illusion in a very powerful and convincing manner. There must be what 10 thousand books on this topic and millions of first hand accounts of having done it. Some people who believe in it are very average joes btw.

To be able to do it you need to be able to meditate. Most people think they can meditate but they have no idea how to and really are just doing relaxing and breathing exercises.
Yeah a lot of people seem to think meditation is mere exercise to relax yourself but that is so far from the truth that it is almost laughable lol! Meditation is a state which you reach when you have sustained a high level of 'concentration' on a meditation object of your choice. There's actually 5 typical stages/levels of advanced meditation. Just focusing on the breath, a mantra, a sensation or whatever is actually the very first level of that. You are meant to go a lot deeper than that.

centurymaker

Do you think it says something that no one has yet been able to do that despite tens of thousands, at least, having these experiences?
Well, it is incredibly hard to pull off even a single complete Astral Projection. Even people who have been meditating for yrs, only have it quite rarely. Just can't guarantee when it'll happen, but what I'll do is I'll visit an overseas friend randomly and confirm with them later and see if my account matches up with reality.

centurymaker

What do you think of this- (first minute of the vid sums up everything about us)
David Icke - We think we are Humans. - YouTube

Plus when you are in the mind, you state of consicousness is pretty low since you are trapped in your limited senses, and even at one point in time, the mind can only observe one sense. In other words, it can't be paying attention to '2 things' at one fraction of a second.

Mind is the illusion tbh. It is endlessly desiring this & that, even at the very sublte level. 'See this, hear that, look at this, touch this, feel that, smell this'. And it is very difficult to witness it's very swift changes/processes even during meditation. For eg, some thoughts/mental processes only last a tiny little fraction of a second, so you miss them altogether. Even now, my mind is probably constantly going- 'see what you have typed' (as in a sublte & quick instruction to the eyes to read over what's written), 'look at the keyboard', 're-type', etc. and at the same time it's thinking about what to type as well. Atm I am pretty oblivious to all those subtle instructions/desires- it dishes out every second.