• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How time flys (for BB)

Swervy

For some of the older guys here,( I know BB would be interested in some of this stuff, )have a look at the Indie Charts of legendary ITV show 'The Chart Show' from years gone by:

18 years ago..Charlatans number one, Northside, Mondays etc...18 bleedin years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1IPlLZVek0&feature=related

15 and a bit years ago...Belly, 'Animal Nitrate' by Suede...god in my mind Suede are still a recently formed band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT-dl7ubPRY&feature=related

Almost 15 years ago (Aug 93), Mercury Rev, Boo Radleys, Canonball by the Breeders, oh and check out the number 2 song...class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYIKN2V_OgM

I dont know why I torture myself...life is short!!!!!

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The really depressing thing is that I bought a lot of that stuff the first time round. :ph34r:

Tilted is a ****ing tune tho, isn't it? Will be playing Beaster later now. Bob Mould is a genius.

EDIT: & Sub Sub too! :laugh: That's Doves in their previous incarnation for anyone who doesn't know.

Last edited:

Swervy

The really depressing thing is that I bought a lot of that stuff the first time round. :ph34r:

Tilted is a ****ing tune tho, isn't it? Will be playing Beaster later now. Bob Mould is a genius.

EDIT: & Sub Sub too! :laugh: That's Doves in their previous incarnation for anyone who doesn't know.
see you have Lazarus in your sig there...15 years since 'Giant Steps' came out...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Goughy

TBF after watching a number of these, it is pretty much how I remember it. A high proportion of brilliant and genius music and then some self indulgent crap by pretentious art school types.

Still, it was a great time for music and maybe Im being a little unfair.

Also great to see Belly. I got a bit of a thing for Tanya Donelly in the dawn of the 90s. Mainly based on her speaking voice after hearing her talk on a John Peel Session. :)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The 15-year-olds on here (Morris, Gray, Gundry etc.) generally make the early-20s lot feel old too y'know.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, when they say things like "I can't really remember Tony Blair winning his first election"

GTFO

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Used to love the Chart Show. Pretty sure it has its own channel now ITBT, except that the channel is ****

stumpski

At least you lot don't remember Top of the Pops introduced by the likes of Dave Lee Travis (who always seemed to be groping some young girl) and Tony Blackburn. Come to think of it, Peely and Kid Jensen did it for a while too. They were alright.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I only know the name DLT because of Convoy GB which my favourite DJ in history Paul Burnett was also a part of and these days routinely self-depreciatingly cringes at.