• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India captain slams 'foul-mouthed' England

jack_sparrow

In an interview with the Times of India, Raj slammed England, claiming they were "foul-mouthed" and "speak rot." She added: "They keep saying nasty things about us. Even their former players, who were part of the commentary team, criticised us on air. It hurts to hear them say things
link

lololol made me laff out loud. like lol omg like oaomomgoamomomomg

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
People got mad at Aussies when they said 'Choo Choo' to Chris Cairns after his sister died in a car accident.

To me, thats just a mental edge you can get by needling him on that subject and maybe win the match because of it. Part of the game.

Slow Love™

silentstriker said:
People got mad at Aussies when they said 'Choo Choo' to Chris Cairns after his sister died in a car accident.

To me, thats just a mental edge you can get by needling him on that subject and maybe win the match because of it. Part of the game.
Firstly, that "choo choo" story is a vicious mistruth, a myth, and was denied by Chris Cairns himself.

Secondly - are you serious?? You honestly think that's part of the game?

Call me shocked.

grecian

If anyone had said the above to Cairns after that, I would of punched him in his face even if he was in the same side as me.

Prove that it was said SS, or even a quote from someone, before you spread such poison.

PY

I was going to say, talking 'rot' is a speciality of English women. :p

Pedro Delgado

silentstriker said:

If that had happened someone would've got their head kicked in.

Nonsense.

andyc

As people have said, the Chris Cairns thing is false. Although it was a train accident, not a car one, as otherwise the 'choo choo' wouldn't make much sense.

Anyway, sledging is a part of the game for my mind. As long as it isn't anything like the Chris Cairns thing, then just get on with it.

Macka

silentstriker said:
I wasn't sure if it was true. Thats not the point anyway.

I think its part of the game.
Morally, I think there is definitely a distinction to be made between mocking a player's dead family member and a lot of other things purportedly said on the pitch. Anyone who ever says such a thing is a cretin.

And yes, apparently the Cairns incident never happened; he denies it in his book from memory.

Slow Love™

Macka said:
Morally, I think there is definitely a distinction to be made between mocking a player's dead family member and a lot of other things purportedly said on the pitch. Anyone who ever says such a thing is a cretin.
Exactly. A large proportion of sledging I have no problem with, and I do think is part of the game. But mocking a player over the recent death of his sister? No way in hell - in fact, you'd be lucky if it didn't end up in an all-in brawl on the pitch. I had wondered if silentstriker was joking, but it appears not to be the case.

I'd advise SS not to actually try this strategy during a game. 8-)

adharcric

Slow Love™ said:
I'd advise SS not to actually try this strategy during a game. 8-)
I don't think he actually plays cricket, hence the clueless sideline commentary. Still, absurd stuff from a generally sensible poster.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
I don't think he actually plays cricket, hence the clueless sideline commentary. Still, absurd stuff from a generally sensible poster.

LOL, if I tried that in the US, I'd get my *** beat. But cricket is different, I think you can be more liberal out in the middle.

In terms of playing cricket - no I do not play in any sort of league. But even if I did - these are international cricketers we're talking about. They need to be able to handle stuff like that.

adharcric

silentstriker said:
LOL, if I tried that in the US, I'd get my *** beat. But cricket is different, I think you can be more liberal out in the middle.

In terms of playing cricket - no I do not play in any sort of league. But even if I did - these are international cricketers we're talking about. They need to be able to handle stuff like that.
So you think it's alright to make jokes about someone's family member passing away on the cricket field? It's valid sledging, all in good spirit then?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
So you think it's alright to make jokes about someone's family member passing away on the cricket field? It's valid sledging, all in good spirit then?

I wouldn't say its all in 'good spirit', because it obviously isn't. However, I think if you're a proffessional cricketer, you have to know enough to tune them out.

adharcric

silentstriker said:
I wouldn't say its all in 'good spirit', because it obviously isn't. However, I think if you're a proffessional cricketer, you have to know enough to tune them out.
If I was making a "your gf was great in bed last night" or "your mom's so fat" (trash jokes, but you know what i mean), you can tune them out. This is a different story.
You DO NOT make jokes about someone's mom or sister passing away because that can never be a "joke".

archie mac

I agree with SS somewhat; it is hard to know when you have crossed the line, 'because they keep moving the little sucker'