• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is the current Australian batting order stronger than that of the lost generation?

turnstyle

I always think it's weird that Australia didn't really produce any ATG cricketers born late 70s to early 80s. I guess it sorta coincides with that awful period after Ponting and Hayden retired, and the messing about with the 2nd IX state comp.

Edit: Michael Clarke, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle and Shane Watson are the only ones I can think of.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

I always think it's weird that Australia didn't really produce any ATG cricketers born late 70s to early 80s. I guess it sorta coincides with that awful period after Ponting and Hayden retired, and the messing about with the 2nd IX state comp.

Edit: Michael Clarke, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle and Shane Watson are the only ones I can think of.
Did you just call Peter Siddle an ATG cricketer

jimmy101

I'll go on the record & say Sidds was an ATG. It's not every day that a cricketer can go on to become the shining figurehead of an entire species of fruit.

stephen

Help me make a Big Unit XI (for guys who were buff, not fat):

Hayden
Watson

Stoinis

Pattinson
Siddle

Gnske

Would Warner count in his post-2013 physique? Hard to offset his height though.

And Michael Clarke of course, who can forget his model shoots from 2010.

stephen

Hayden
Watson

Symonds
Stoinis

Pattinson
Siddle
Hastings
Tait

Just need a big unit keeper and a number 3 and number 4.

Daemon

Chris Tremlett needs to be in there, if this isn't an Australian side.

Graeme Smith stiff to miss out as well.