• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looking ahead to Season XIV

Mr Mxyzptlk

A lot of the rookies who come don't seem to care much about Dev League in the first place. They seem to be there because a friend asked them to join. Sort of a favour. And then it should be noted that there are a few players who were active for a fair while, then suddenly lost interest (sometimes midseason) and disappeared. Not much that can be done about that.

Could add jello wrestling on game days, I suppose.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
But note how the ones who are actually taking part in most games (for example Kerr, Bochat at Colts) are the ones who stay around.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Both of those have had moments of questionable activity though. Your point is obvious, however, and valid. But no matter how many teams we have, it will never be possible for every rookie to play often in his/her first couple of seasons. There are always going to be a few, and often most, who have to wait their turn. It's like the real thing.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Are we talking rookies who join CW just for Dev League, or Dev League rookies in general?

Mr Mxyzptlk

In general.

Speaking of the Dev League, I'm 90% done with a draft of the schedule. The dates may please some people...

age_master

Ive been an advocate for a 6th CW team for a long time now.

This is just my 2 cents, as I know others disagree heavily.

My order of preference.

1) 6 CW Teams with no additions
2) 6 CW Teams like the CC with an overseas pro or 2 to help balance and keep number levels up
3) 6 CW Teams with made-up fill-ins from CW grade cricket to fill shortages
4) 5 CW Teams and an invitational 'A' team or International team (eg Eng A playing in WI FC comp, Zim and Namibia in SA)
5) 5 CW Teams and a Masters XI
6) 5 CW Teams and CW Legends XI
A 6th team would be fantastic, i would be quite happy drafting in 1 or 2 international signings to each team,

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
No way. It would totally ruin a totally good section. I like Cricket Chat as it is, and don't want any non international cricket in there.
What the **** are you talking about?

Making a thread in CC advertising the presence of the sim and about how we need more numbers for a new team could have a real effect. A lot of people find the amount of forums and the complexity of the sim intimidating so they don't explore it (I know I didn't, I barely ventured out of CC for the first 6 months of my time here).

One thread in CC isn't going to do anything to stiffle the flow of chat in CC and there would be no actual discussion about the game.

Jakester1288

What the **** are you talking about?

Making a thread in CC advertising the presence of the sim and about how we need more numbers for a new team could have a real effect. A lot of people find the amount of forums and the complexity of the sim intimidating so they don't explore it (I know I didn't, I barely ventured out of CC for the first 6 months of my time here).

One thread in CC isn't going to do anything to stiffle the flow of chat in CC and there would be no actual discussion about the game.
I would be happy if an admin/mod made an announcement about it, but we definately shouldn't make a whole thread about it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I would be happy if an admin/mod made an announcement about it, but we definately shouldn't make a whole thread about it.
It's been done in the past and brought in some of the more commited members over the years.

Anyway, if Camps/Morkeh are okay with this I'll make the thread and even give a little explantion with links and stuff for it. Got nothing on for today.

ash chaulk

It's been done in the past and brought in some of the more commited members over the years.

Anyway, if Camps/Morkeh are okay with this I'll make the thread and even give a little explantion with links and stuff for it. Got nothing on for today.
you could catch up on MTV's "The Hills" would really like to know what people are thinking about Spencer and Heidi's relationship