• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Milan releases Rivaldo

Craig

World Traveller
Yep AC Milan have released Rivaldo from his contract.

It will be interesting where he will go. He will likely go to Liverpool, however IMO he is better off joining a club like Bolton.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not sure where this Liverpool link is from - but can't see him going there, since Houllier has said he doesn't like him, and they don't need him!

Craig

World Traveller
From the media probbaly Marc.

He said something about joining Chelski when he first quit Milan, but there would been no point as he wouldnt get a game anyway. Infact he would be lucky to make the bench in all honesty.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He says about wanting to go to a lot of big teams, but I personally cannot see any of them taking him - rumour I've heard is back to Depo.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah I would agree.

Although I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up in Qatar or at Bolton or in France.

Rich2001

I think Newcastle could be the darkhorses here, they have wantted him more than one once but failed in the pass, they have the money and must be classed as one of the bigger clubs in England.

Swanny

Neil how does someone from Cleethorpes suddenly ditch the Mariners and end up an Exeter fan??
Ranieri says he doesn;t want him, plus hes already got one lazy South American to try and fit into his midfield he doesn't need another one. I very much doubt Bolton could afford him and anyway could you imagine a midfield of Okocha and Rivaldo, plenty of tracking back and tackling going on there!!
Newcastle and Deportivo are favourties I believe

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Swanny said:
Neil how does someone from Cleethorpes suddenly ditch the Mariners and end up an Exeter fan??
By never being a proper Mariners fan in the first place.

I went to one game - and that was because my little brother got some free tickets from school, and have been to every Grecians home game since I started here at Uni.

You don't control these things, they just happen..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Absolutely.

You don't choose your club - it chooses you. Kismet, Hardy.

<quack> Don't you mean 'Kiss me'?

Certainly not - at least, not in your case.

<quack> You know what troubles me?

What?

<quack> What on earth did you step in back in the 1960's to deserve being lumbered with Derby County?