• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Music discussion thread

Flying V

There might be another thread like this but tbh I cba to find it. Basically music discussion is spilling out into other threads and while you can never get too much music it's nice to have one set place to call everyone elses tastes utter rubbish. I was thinking about genre specific threads but I doubt that would get as much attention and you know the more general it is the better. Sure we have a listening thread but no one bothers their arses to use that as a discussion place like they should so yeah.

I'd like to start by saying that obscure prog is like the biggest goldmine in great music ever. Stuff like Comus and (less obscure) Wishbone Ash are some of the greatest bands ever and yet so underappreciated.

Majin

bull****s, was part of a discussion about the context of music and you know it.

Flying V

I know what I want to know and I have the right to use it against you, any liking of lostprophets is not allowed tbh, regardless of context.

Majin

I think if you check your chatlogs you'll find that my exact words were "I still hated it but it made sense in this context" so gagfc. either way you fap to that horrid swedish electro song about IRC chatbots and you actually like it so you can't say much either

Flying V

EG KJENNE EN BOT
HUN HETER ANNA, ANNA HETTER HUN

Nothing wrong with Boten Anna :(

What I do concede however is my liking of Marit Larsen's "Under the Surface" due to it being played so ****ing much when I was working in the chemical factory.

pasag

RTDAS
There are already threads for Favourite Song of the Week, What Song are You Listening To, Latest Album You've Bought and Concert Calendar floating around OT. Will leave this open though.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Got the Best of Joy Division for free today (Y).

I think we can all agree, they were the best band to exist.

Flying V

Got the Best of Joy Division for free today (Y).

I think we can all agree, they were the best band to exist.
Certainly one of the best bands, quality over quantity definitely, however they are dwarfed by other bands who while not as consitent have delivered a lot better material.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As hard as it is to believe, I've never cared much for the music of Queen, you know. May've mentioned this before, can't remember.