• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Offical* EPL and Nationalwide competitions thread

a massive zebra

Craig said:
My French line-up (4-4-2)

Frey

Thuram-Gallas-Desailly/Mexes-Silvestre

Dacourt-Vieria-Zidane-Pires

Henry-Trezequet (sp)
IMO Candala should be in the team (drop Mexes-Silvestre) along with Makelele (in place of Dacourt)

nibbs

yay! Leeds are gorn!

and Chelsea look certain to finish second in the league. super stuff. now, if only Claudio isn't sacked it'll be prefect.

Craig

World Traveller
And Manure lost again this time at Blackburn.

If the reports are true, Daid Beckham could be a Chelsea player next season (if he goes back to England, Chelsea are the only club he would go to because of his wage bill and transfer fee. Arsenal have spent all their money).

My tip is for John Stead will make his senior international debut for England in the upcoming friendlies later this year.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
luckyeddie said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D my team stayed up
And good for you.

It is good to see Derby stay up especially with some of Derby's finincial problems (I believe Administration?) and being relegated from the EPL in the last couple of years.

Tom Halsey

Craig said:
I'm not saying RVN is better, IMO Shevchenko of Milan is the world's best forward.
From what I've seen, I'm beginning to agree.

But who is the best striker? Shevchenko too?

Tom Halsey

Cloete said:
Yes you are cruel... prmoting manure victories in our faces like that....
And you call me a bandwagon? You support bloody Madrid and you live the other side of the world!

Go support Canberra Cosmos, or whatever it is.

Craig

World Traveller
They dont exist.

His nearist side (and mine) is currently is the Brisbane Strikers, whether they are playing next season remains to be seen.

If you dont want to be a glory hunter, go support Inter. They havent won anything in something like 7 years (UEFA Cup) and the Scudetto in about 16 years.

Craig

World Traveller
Tom Halsey said:
Anyone see the Roma Milan match?

Complete chaos in the stands - and Dida's head, presumably.
Unfortunatly not.

We dont get much Serie A coverage down here, unless you have access to RAI International :@

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
If you dont want to be a glory hunter, go support Inter. They havent won anything in something like 7 years (UEFA Cup) and the Scudetto in about 16 years.

They're still a successful club.

Semi-glory hunting IMO.

Try supporting a lower league side.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
They dont exist.

His nearist side (and mine) is currently is the Brisbane Strikers, whether they are playing next season remains to be seen.

Or how about supporting your local side? Just a thought...

Craig

World Traveller
What a side that may not be around for much longer?

So by your logic, nobody in this part of the world who isnt from England shouldnt support the EPL for example?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
They're still a successful club.

Semi-glory hunting IMO.

Try supporting a lower league side.
Inter are the club I follow in the Italian leagues.

In England when I first started following football seriously, I started following West Bromwich Albion as chances are they were going to go straight back down.

Inter arent as successful for what they are expected to be.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
What a side that may not be around for much longer?

So by your logic, nobody in this part of the world who isnt from England shouldnt support the EPL for example?
Pretty much so, I can't see the justification in someone without links to the UK supporting a Premier side rather than a local club.

You picked WBA because they were going down?!

Tom Halsey

Craig said:
They dont exist.

Except I was talking to Cleote.

Cloete

Tom Halsey said:
And you call me a bandwagon? You support bloody Madrid and you live the other side of the world!

Go support Canberra Cosmos, or whatever it is.
Why would I support a leage that I don't care about, has virtually no quality and has been abolished!

Anyway they were the first team i ever really started following when we got some CL coverage over here... even since then i've liked them. If there was a decent club to follow over here i'd probably support them isntead!