• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

SeamUp

I was out in Australia for the ashes and his big bash performances were all the locals were talking about. Personally I think he’s a better player in the first class game, but the class is undeniable.
Yeah what I saw in Australia in the Bash was effortless pace and x-factor. Sometimes in cricket you can look a million dollars but you got to put performances on the board which he has done for Sussex generally to be fair.

Well done Worcestershire. Well deserved. Proper cricket club who play at a lovely little cricket ground.

Last edited:

SeamUp

Ben Cox unbelievablely left out their CC squad the other day with 2 quality knocks on finals day. Bounce back.

S.Kennedy

I was supporting Worcs also before this day so I'm pleased. Most of their team are locally sourced.

I will tell you one thing about Jofra Archer. Durham v Sussex last season he had been unexpectedly dropped. I've never seen a more reluctant 12th man.

theegyptian

Really happy for worcestershire. great success story. Feel a bit sad that Rhodes wasn't there given all he did in the promotion of a lot of the youth players.

Great story Cox is. Was really not ready when he started and didn't look up to it, but has just improved season on season into a good county player.

S.Kennedy

Well, we now know all our champs,

Surrey (cc)
Hampshire (50o)
Worcestershire (t20)

Edit, and yes I had to look up the 50 over one haha.

andmark

Well, we now know all our champs,

Surrey (cc)
Hampshire (50o)
Worcestershire (t20)

Edit, and yes I had to look up the 50 over one haha.
Yeah, I think few people noticed the 50 over tournament. If I recall correctly, Lords wasn't exactly packed during the final.

S.Kennedy

River is our new mascot, to accompany our older mascot, Chester the Lion who has seemingly acquired a facelift,

Dk0cghcWwAAtJSI.jpg

Old and new.

I do the research so you people don't have to.

S.Kennedy

At least Charlie Fox, the winner, wasn't an ECB affiliated evil southerner, a Surrey or Hampshire mascot, but a poor preyed upon Midlander, of Leicestershire no less.

S.Kennedy

Pertaining to the divisions, conferences having now been shelved, they're now proposing 10/8 instead of 8/10!

Based on today's table (case of example) and assuming this would be implemented for 2019, would that mean Lancs and Worcs going down as per usual, and Warks, Kent, Sussex and Derbyshire going up, or, Lancs and Worcs getting a reprieve and Warks and Kent merely joining them there in division one? I suspect the former.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Pertaining to the divisions, conferences having now been shelved, they're now proposing 10/8 instead of 8/10!

Based on today's table (case of example) and assuming this would be implemented for 2019, would that mean Lancs and Worcs going down as per usual, and Warks, Kent, Sussex and Derbyshire going up, or, Lancs and Worcs getting a reprieve and Warks and Kent merely joining them there in division one? I suspect the former.
You're just trying to raise my hopes

wpdavid

In theory, I'm in favour of that, assuming there's still 2 up and 2 down. Much more stability in terms of who stays in D1, which is a good thing.
The problem would be squeezing the extra four matches in. Given the additional 100 ball competition, we'd end up finishing the CC in October and starting it in March.

theegyptian

Dom Bess gotta be on a search for a new county. Barely played this year for Somerset. Offers plenty in addition to his spin, with good batting and fielding, so won't be short of suitors. Yorkshire looks a reasonable bet. Warwickshire when Jeetan Patel goes also.

Ravi Patel released by Middlesex yesterday. Almost in the opposite boat to Bess. Is a pretty good spinner but a number 11 bat and average fielder. Hope he finds another county but no guarantee, even with his very good professional bowling record.

Much moreso than the fast bowlers the spinners coming into the English game need to know how to bat and field if they want to be playing regularly. Just so many games where spin is barely used- counties favour the allrounder type spinners - Samit Patel being the prime example. Matthew Carter a pretty good young spinner and barely plays at Notts. Has a good game and is then dropped the next week in favour of a seamer. Samit can be as **** as he likes and he seems to keep his place every game.

Last edited:
Burns has made more than double the runs now of Patel in 12th on the run leaderboard for County Championship Div 1. Everyone in the top 12 apart from Pope has batted more times than Burns. He's pushed 350 + runs ahead of Vince now.