• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Cricket Web 'A' in Top End Series

luffy

Unlucky boys up against some quality opposition. Happy with my performance 18 + 69, i was starting to feel the pressure of being dropped.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I've been taken a bit ill, so matches are postponed indefinitely until I get good enough to sit in front of a computer for an hour. Hope this won't be an inconvenience. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dropped from Internationals, and not in the A-team. I pity the fool who happens to be my manager.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
New Zealand A v Cricket Web A
at Cazaly's Stadium

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Another ridiculously huge opening stand between Stedman and Chaulk showed that things might be difficult for opening bowlers at the Pickford Reserve the coming season - actually, for any bowlers. Once more CW XI secured a ten-wicket win, although the efforts of Paddy Gundry should not be forgotten on a track which had less life than Adelaide on any given Thursday.

New Zealand A thought that they had overcome the wiles of Gundry rather well, having posted 253 for nine despite the Green spinner taking four for 32; Chris Harris blasted 52 quick runs at the end, while Papps and Sinclair had a solid stand of 92. Nevertheless, with opening bowlers totally out of form, they were smashed. Interestingly, Stedman and Chaulk only hit twelve boundaries, thus crossing 200 times on the way to the target. Due to the undue stress this has caused on the leg muscles, it is probable that at least one of the players will be rested before the final. CW A are already qualified, with New Zealand A requiring a win against Australia A as well as a CW A win to have a shout.

New Zealand A 255-9 (50 overs)
CZ Harris 52, MS Sinclair 51; PG Gundry 4-32, BC Cunningham 3-53
Cricket Web A 256-0 (47.2 overs)
AP Chaulk 121*, JE Stedman 113*

Cricket Web A won by 10 wickets
Man of the Match: AP Chaulk (CW A)

chaminda_00

Another very good bowling display to keep them to a small-ish total. And once again the Chaulk/Stedman show took over, amazing series from these two.