• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion - England, India, Afghanistan

ankitj

Rohit repays faith. I think it's important not to use makeshift opener like Irfan. If we are playing with 6 batsmen, we should just open with Kohli.

Contra

Either way, India can definitely win this, I don't rate England's batting at all, don't care how many Luke Wright slogged against the Afghans
I don't care so much about the win as I do about the approach. Gambhir has been horrible for us since 07 WC, he knows he doesn't have the range so he needs to look to accelerate earlier than later. Pathan opening was dumb, Rohit over Raina/Yuvi is not something I like either, yeah he made a decent score but he's not been convincing to me.

This has a very 09 WC feel to me when Jadeja and GG kept scoring a run a ball for about 10 overs and then just went "here you go guys score at 10 an over now".

Manee

Good stuff from India. Perhaps they tried to accelerate a bit too late but then, swinging too hard and giving away dots is worse than milking singles. It is a more difficult strategy than people think if they just look at the final score. Its good to see Gambhir make some runs and I'll be interested to see how England play Balaji and Dinda especially.

NasserFan207

I don't care so much about the win as I do about the approach. Gambhir has been horrible for us since 07 WC, he knows he doesn't have the range so he needs to look to accelerate earlier than later. Pathan opening was dumb, Rohit over Raina/Yuvi is not something I like either, yeah he made a decent score but he's not been convincing to me.

This has a very 09 WC feel to me when Jadeja and GG kept scoring a run a ball for about 10 overs and then just went "here you go guys score at 10 an over now".
Hmm, well I figured they just wanted to give Pathan and Rohit batting practise

Contra

PATHAN!

Loving his comeback since the SL tour. Such a utility player to have when he's bowing well.